PA - Bike Shop (1820)-Senior Bicycle Technician
Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
Under the general supervision of the Peak Adventures Bike Shop Manager, the Senior Bicycle Technician is responsible for maintaining daily operational efficiency of the Bike Shop and setting a standard for customer service. A Senior Bicycle Technician is responsible for building and repairing bicycles, along with directing customers through the retail sales process. A Senior Bicycle Technician will independently teach bicycle maintenance classes and bike related clinics, both basic and advanced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Safely perform job duties
· Perform a complete and thorough overhaul of a bicycle to the standards of Peak Adventures. This includes inspecting for damage/wear, overhaul of all main bearing assemblies, wheel truing, adjusting brakes and derailleurs, using parts washer to clean drive trains, check dropout alignment, resurface brake pads, lube/replace chain/cables, and install common bike accessories.
· Clearly and completely fill out bike service tags, special order tags and other retail sales documentation.
· Reliably diagnose and estimate cost of common repairs.
· Complete repairs and installations of parts and accessories in a timely manner, meeting all safety standards.
· Direct customers through the retail sales process with a high level of customer service.
· Assist in maintain appropriate parts/bikes inventory for resale. Assist with receiving shipments, processing invoices, and ordering parts
· Train and mentor new of less experienced technicians
· Teach bicycle maintenance classes and clinics, both basic and advanced.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with vendors and service providers.
· Support the bike rental process by inspecting rental bicycles and other accessories.
· Maintain a clean and friendly work area including bike shop, store lobby and other inventory storage areas.
· Provide feedback to the Bike Shop Manager that aims to improve the operational efficiency and customer service.
· Attend a 6-hour Basic Bike Maintenance training.
· Assist in general customer service by answering phones, assisting with program registration and checking in/out rental gear.
· Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
· Promote ASI and Peak Adventure mission and values.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant positions)
· 2-4 years of consecutive bicycle repair experience
· Retail/customer service experience
· Competency in wheel building
· Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Competence with suspension overhaul/adjustments
· Professional bicycle mechanic certifications (United Bicycle Institute, Barnett Bicycle Institute)
· CPR/First Aid certifications
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
· Ability to stand and use hands for extended periods of time
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
· Ability to withstand daily exposure to various chemicals such as grease and cleaning solutions
· Confident Bicycle Rider
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Choose one only)
· Combination of indoors and outdoors (add language as needed)
· Outdoors exposed to rain, heat and cold temperature for less than 1 hour a day
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Merchandizing and Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.50
- Max Hiring Rate $19.00
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA