Aquatic Center -Certified Dock Master
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: The Dock Master shall handle the daily outdoor customer service operations of the Aquatic Center. Primary areas of responsibility are Water safety on the docks, customer service, room and facility set-up, cleaning, facility support and opening and closing duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in boat launch, with the right equipment, properly fitted PFD’s, and helpful instructional pointers for basic boating Safety and provide rescues as needed.
- Facility/room set up and clean-up.
- Provide appropriate assistance to customers, vendors, officials and staff.
- Keep equipment and facility clean including basic janitorial work. Inspect equipment for damage to ensure safety.
- Open the facility, including but not limited to setting up equipment for daily use and facility maintenance. Complete opening reports.
- Close the facility, including but not limited to putting away all equipment, locking doors and setting alarm. Complete closing reports.
- Provide support for a variety of special events.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- C.P.R., First Aid, Lifeguard Training or Equivalent Red Cross Water Safety Class and California Boating Safety Certificate
- Be checked-out to operate Safety launches on Lake Natoma
- Current Class C Driver’s License and be able to drive an Aquatic Center vehicle, for gas runs and ice
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Be water safe to work on the docks
- Sac State student employees must maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA overall.
- Aquatic/boating knowledge (having successfully passed sailing, windsurfing, and rowing classes or equivalent)
- Know how to tie appropriate knots to secure boats to docks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Walking and climbing; lifting and carrying heavy objects; bending and stooping continually and for extended periods of time
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for both heat and cold
- Outdoors exposed to rain, wind, heat and cold temperature for 6-8 hours a day
- All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $17.40
- Max Hiring Rate $20.25
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA