Student Engagement - Events (1317)-Event Coordinator
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
SUMMARY: The Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Marketing and Outreach Manager with planning events and working collaboratively with the other members of the A-Team to provide opportunities for student engagement through community service, government events, and other events promoting ASI and its services. This includes coordinating various service initiatives for the Sac State student community, working with the current ASI Board of Directors in an effort to introduce the Board of Directors to the Sac State student community, and increasing student awareness of ASI programs and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the planning and coordination of multiple events (7-10 per semester) on behalf of Student Engagement and Outreach, inclusive of securing event space, catering, vendors, materials, and all other necessities for a successful event. Including, but not limited to: ASI Week programs, Block Party, Thanksgiving Food Basket Donation Drive, Farmworker Awareness Week, ASI Student Government Elections events, ASI Food Pantry donation drive programs, Feel Good Friday events and more
• Collaborates with the graphic designers, and communications and outreach coordinators to promote the event around campus;
• Organizes and facilitates planning meetings between A-Team and other constituents as needed;
• Serves on committees to plan and collaborate on-campus events such as the Election Planning Group, Alternative Spring Break, Block Party Planning Committee;
• Assists in developing and coordinating new service events, ASI Student Government events, and other events promoting ASI and ASI services
• Communicates with the Marketing & Outreach Manager on work progress and challenges;
• Maintains and organizes program materials and supplies;
• Attends mandatory department meetings, events and activities
- Staffing the event; provide support with setup, take down as needed.
- Complete event planning and evaluations for each event.
- May be asked by Manager to work over term break to prepare for the events in the following semester.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; professional communication
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Ability to manage heavier workloads during peak times
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse student population, ASI programs and on campus departments
• Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
• Experience on windows-based personal computers using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Power point
• Available to work in the evening and some weekends; available to work up to 20 hours a week when classes are in session.
- One year of event planning experience (paid or voluntary)
I work. I learn. I play. I am ASI
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.50
- Max Hiring Rate $16.30
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA