Director of Community & School Engagement for Pikesville
Looking for someone to grow established relationships in the Pikesville schools and community with a family-friendly neighborhood agency. Apply today!
CHAI (Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc.) has an immediate opening for a Director of Community & School Engagement for Pikesville (DCSEP), who will build relationships with stakeholders throughout the Pikesville community. The DCSEP will be an integral part of CHAI’s Community Development team, reporting to the Senior Director of Community Engagement, and support the organization’s goal of strengthening the fabric of neighborhoods in northwest Baltimore. The ideal candidate will be skilled at engagement with teachers, school administrators, students, families, and community partners. They will be comfortable scheduling and running meetings, developing new partnerships, and be familiar with Pikesville.
As part of the CHAI Community Development Team you will
- Work closely with the Community Development Team and engage with other departments within CHAI
- Become familiar with resources in the community and connect constituents to needed information
- Be a steward of the organization and develop strong relationships within the community
- Help drive CHAI’s mission, fulfill our vision, and abide by our organization’s values
In this role, you will
Build school engagement by
- Staffing the Pikesville Schools Coalition (PSC)
- Connecting eight partner schools with programs, resources, and partners to meet needs identified by school principals
- Identifying the community needs and issues and work toward building bridges between the school and the surrounding community in Pikesville and CHAI GSA (general service area)
- Supporting parent and community engagement within schools, including assisting Parent Teacher Organizations (PTOs) with recruitment and leadership development
Build Community Engagement By
- Convening community members around issues of shared interest and concern
- Attending community meetings and conducting door knocking to build relationships with community members
- Working with community members to facilitate communication and collaboration among the diverse residents of Pikesville
- Developing strong relationships with community leaders, organizations, and other stakeholders in Pikesville
- Working to align CHAI’s work with Pikesville community priorities
- Staying up to date on community development issues in Pikesville as well as the status of neighborhood assets
- Promoting CHAI’s services available to Pikesville residents
- Attending community meetings, participating in community events, and representing CHAI on community-based workgroups and committees
Applicants will have
- At least 3 years’ experience in community engagement, organizing and working in diverse communities
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related fields
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Preferred but not required: knowledge of neighborhoods in northwest Baltimore and Pikesville
- Be an independent thinker and self-starter; take initiative and use good judgment
- Working knowledge and commitment to DEIJ principals
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to building trust
- Receptive to guidance from others
- Skilled at facilitating conversations among diverse groups
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Be a valuable team player and supportive colleague
- Ability to anticipate opportunities and challenges before they come up
- Solutions focused
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $63,000-$68,000 annually, salary commensurate with experience.
Hybrid schedule - in the office at least 3 days per week
Full Time Exempt position
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, free parking, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
Application Process – Electronic submissions are preferred
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. is a nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore. For almost four decades of community service, CHAI has been forging deep connections and helping residents of all ages thrive, making our neighborhoods a stronger, better place in which to live, learn, and grow older. Learn more at www.chaibaltimore.org
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. believes that Black lives matter. We are committed to fostering a safe, anti-racist environment. Together through open dialogue, we will continually learn and grow with a goal of achieving a culture that promotes justice and pushes for systemic change. We commit to ensuring that the voices influencing our actions are inclusive and representative. We stand firm in our belief that racial equity is essential to strong community.
- Job Family CHAI
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA