Director of Marketing & Communications
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Director of Marketing & Communications (DMC), who will work closely with program staff to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals. The DMC will coordinate and execute marketing plans for CHAI and the Edward A. Myerberg Center. The DMC will develop strategies to increase exposure and raise brand awareness of CHAI’s mission, values, and competencies. When successful, the DMC will generate support for and engage community stakeholders in CHAI’s work. They will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff, as well as agency clients, board members and other stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Help drive CHAI’s mission, fulfill our vision, and abide by our organization’s values
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs and special events
- Engage internal and external stakeholders in CHAI’s work
- Stay informed about new and existing programs and initiatives at CHAI and the Myerberg
- Develop partnerships with members of the media to enhance publicity opportunities
- Ensure communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences
- Leverage a multichannel marketing strategy with a focus on reaching target audiences
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and digital collateral, including, but not limited to annual reports, brochures, presentations, and newsletters
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging content for CHAI’s website, social media, and email channels that leads to measurable action
- Plan and manage CHAI’s outward-facing events, including print and digital collateral –leading a team of agency volunteers
Applicants will have
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including leading communications, marketing, social media, and public relations activities of a nonprofit organization
- Outstanding copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications, and public relations activities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production
- Experience with online marketing, including social media and content marketing
- Proficiency in all Microsoft 365 platforms; Adobe Design Suite experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred but not required: experience with audio/visual production; knowledge of housing and community development
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $75,000 -$80,000 annually, salary commensurate with experience
Hybrid schedule - in the office at least 3 days per week
Full Time Exempt position
Application Process – Electronic submissions are preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, free parking, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. is a nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore. For almost four decades of community service, CHAI has been forging deep connections and helping residents of all ages thrive, making our neighborhoods a stronger, better place in which to live, learn, and grow older. Learn more at www.chaibaltimore.org
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. believes that Black lives matter. We are committed to fostering a safe, anti-racist environment. Together through open dialogue, we will continually learn and grow with a goal of achieving a culture that promotes justice and pushes for systemic change. We commit to ensuring that the voices influencing our actions are inclusive and representative. We stand firm in our belief that racial equity is essential to strong community.
- Job Family CHAI
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA