CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Senior Accountant to join the finance team. The Senior Accountant will work under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Responsibilities include work on the general ledger, financial reports, and budgets.
Specific Responsibilities included (but not limited to)
• Overall shared responsibility over certain components of CHAI’s general ledger to include:
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close and maintain Associated accounting records.
- Ensure the timely and accurate posting, balancing and reconciliation of general ledger accounts; ensure propriety of balances.
- Manage CHAI’s budgets including budget vs actual reports.
- Manage CHAI’s account receivables.
- Manage accounting related system updates in Sage Intacct and other systems that the organization uses.
- Assist with cash flow projections.
- Manage budget workbooks.
• Assist in creating financial statements packages for CHAI as well as for specific grants and
contracts including reviewing resulting variances to ensure budget adherence to approved
budgets. This includes:
- Preparing information and assisting with program and annual audits including researching and addressing key accounting positions, audit inquiries and related audit workpapers and requests.
- Researching and analyzing fluctuations between current financial results compared to budgeted amounts and reporting the information on budget vs actual reports.
• Embrace a culture of continuous process improvement
- Assist in implementing internal controls, including the use of automated controls across the organization.
- Assist with ensuring the proper functionality of accounting systems including the procurement system.
- Identify improved ways to use system functionality to automate routine tasks and reporting.
• Generally support the CFO as needed, including special projects.
• Serve as Accountant of the Myerberg Center and assist in financial Management as part of the
• Assist with Housing Development project requisitions.
• Assist with Housing Development project budgets.
• Work Collaboratively with Housing Development staff on all project budgets and reports,
assisting in requisitions and cost certification audits as needed.
Subsidiary Property Owner Entities:
• In collaboration with Housing & Services team, assist with accounting functions relating
to the subsidiary property ownership entities
• Assist with operating and capital budgets, financial reports, audits, taxes, surplus cash, and
other financial matters relating to the properties.
• Support reporting on both calendar and fiscal year end entities
• A minimum of 3 years accounting experience.
• Experience with a nonprofit charitable organization environment preferred experience
with grants a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with US GAAP and US Tax Code as it applies
To non- profit, charitable, tax-exempt organizations; CPA preferred.
• Experience with accounting software designed for the non-profit market a plus.
• Strong computer literacy including, but not limited to, MS Office Suite.
• Advanced knowledge and utilization of MS Excel.
• Good interpersonal skills. Able to work with a diverse group of people on a range different.
projects, including the ability to deal with challenging interactions and situations.
• Able to meet deadlines, work independently and handle confidential information.
• Able to deal with and prioritize multiple projects.
• Maintain a professional and calm demeanor.
• Receptive to and accepting guidance from others.
• Be a valuable team player and supportive colleague.
• Work extra time, as necessary, to complete tasks based on management and
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000 annually – Salary commensurate with experience
Hybrid schedule – Full time exempt position working 37.5 hours per week.
Application Process – Electronic submissions preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, free parking, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
This job ad is not intended to be all inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. is a nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore. For almost four decades of community service, CHAI has been forging deep connections and helping residents of all ages thrive, making our neighborhoods a stronger, better place in which to live, learn, and grow older. Learn more at www.chaibaltimore.org
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. believes that Black lives matter. We are committed to fostering a safe, anti-racist environment. Together through open dialogue, we will continually learn and grow with a goal of achieving a culture that promotes justice and pushes for systemic change. We commit to ensuring that the voices influencing our actions are inclusive and representative. We stand firm in our belief that racial equity is essential to strong community.
- Job Family CHAI
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA