CHAIway Program Manager
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. has an immediate opening for a CHAIway Program Manager (CPM). The CPM will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the CHAIway Transportation Program, offering affordable ride options for older adults in northwest Baltimore. The CPM will oversee CHAIway On The Go (OTG) and develop the CHAIway Volunteer Driver Program (VDP). They will recruit, engage, manage, and retain program volunteers and riders and ensure the program is running smoothly, connecting with agency partners as appropriate, as well as manage the day-to-day operation of CHAIway. The CPM will keep up on trends and best practices in volunteer management and older adult transportation.
In this role, you will
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of CHAIway including OTG and the VDP
- Serve as lead contact for CHAIway including ride scheduling for the VDP.
- Recruit and retain riders.
- Solicit and collect feedback from drivers and riders and incorporate to improve program.
- Collect data and complete all necessary reporting.
- Assist with grant writing and funding opportunities as needed; Oversee program billing and ride scheduling platforms; other administrative tasks as needed.
- Recruit, train and retain drivers on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to promote program.
- Refine and manage volunteer onboarding process, including interviews, training, and background checks.
- Manage flow of rides
- Formalize and implement volunteer retention plan, lead volunteer appreciation effort and driver incentives.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices in volunteer management.
Applicants will have
- 2 years’ experience in human services, transportation and/or aging services
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred
- Excellent customer services skills: passion for working with older adults and understanding of the community CHAI serves.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications and comfortable working with database system/s
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Be an independent thinker and self-starter; take initiative.
- Commitment to DEIJ principles DEIJ in communities
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written; builds trust.
- Receptive to guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Be a valuable team player and supportive colleague.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $60,000 annually, salary commensurate with experience
Full Time Exempt position
Application Process – Electronic submissions are preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and paid parental leave.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. The Associated is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. is a nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore. For almost four decades of community service, CHAI has been forging deep connections and helping residents of all ages thrive, making our neighborhoods a stronger, better place in which to live, learn, and grow older. Learn more at www.chaibaltimore.org
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CHAI: Comprehensive Housing Assistance, Inc. believes that Black lives matter. We are committed to fostering a safe, anti-racist environment. Together through open dialogue, we will continually learn and grow with a goal of achieving a culture that promotes justice and pushes for systemic change. We commit to ensuring that the voices influencing our actions are inclusive and representative. We stand firm in our belief that racial equity is essential to strong community.
- Job Family CHAI
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA