ZUMBA and Dance Fitness Instructor
Inspired by the work we do every day, the JCC is an organization centered by Jewish values and focused on creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to enrich, connect, and positively impact our community.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and welcoming workplace and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
We value all members of our team in a supportive environment in which everyone is treated with appreciation and respect and positioned to do their best work every day.
Instructors have a variety of job functions including, but not limited to, successfully leading a class through appropriately designed routines, with proper music selection to enhance overall fitness, strength, and endurance, while ensuring the safety of the members. Recording attendance is considered an after-class duty.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Creating motivating and inspiring choreography for classes. Choreographing routines using Zumba steps and formulas.
- Leading and demonstrating Zumba dance routines to a group of participants in a fun and energetic atmosphere.
- Playing music in order to set a rhythm for the class.
- Providing a fun, safe, high-energy workout for a variety of ages and skill levels.
- Leading warm up exercises at the start of each class and cooldown at the end of class.
- Performing routines so students can follow the instructor’s lead during classes.
- Leading classes of 10 or more people at a time.
- Being energetic and charismatic keeps students engaged throughout the class.
- Encouraging students to work hard to reach their fitness goals.
- Demonstrating the proper form for each move in the class
- Explaining the importance of proper technique to avoid injury while dancing.
- Taking class attendance, ensuring that all participants are registered and properly signed in
- Responsible for finding substitutes as needed for vacations or illnesses.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Current Zumba license, Group Fitness Instructor Certification from ACE, AFAA/NASM, ACSM, ISSA NETA or an extensive background/training in Dance.
- Adult CPR/AED Certification (Training will be provided through the JCC if needed)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: The minimum salary for a new instructor is $25 per hour. An experienced instructor (5+ years’ experience) with a national group fitness certification, will start at $30.50 per hour.
BENEFITS & PERKS: When an instructor has at least one weekly, on-going class on schedule, the JCC offers membership to the Jewish Community Center, discounts on programs including preschool and summer camp, and wellbeing programming.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management, as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, we are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodation, please contact us and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCC
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA