Behavioral Health & Wellness Educator
Jewish Community Services (JCS) provides programs and services for people of all ages and backgrounds, helping them achieve their goals, enhance their wellbeing, and maximize their independence.
Are you highly creative and love the thrill of engaging groups in experiential learning? Do you have experience using nontraditional techniques to engage learners and bring information to life? Do you have experience working with and providing educational programming for culturally diverse audiences? Use your talents to create and facilitate innovative programs that help children, teens, and young adults boost their understanding of mental wellbeing, build their resilience, and reduce stigma of mental health challenges. We are a non-profit human service organization looking for the right person to join our vibrant Prevention & Wellness Education team.
A large comprehensive human services agency has an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives on creativity and collaboration and understands the importance of raising awareness about mental health and substance use disorders. In this role, you will work with colleagues to develop and deliver dynamic programming – both in-person and through interactive on-demand educational platforms – that enhance the well-being of young people of all backgrounds.
This could be either a full-time or part-time position offering a mix of in-person and remote work with some local travel required. Our offices and primary service area are in the Greater Baltimore Area. Flexibility for some Sundays and evening hours.
- Degree or work experience in mental health, substance use disorders, counseling, education, or other relevant fields
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use issues
- Experience working with youth and communities at risk a plus
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with individuals of diverse abilities and backgrounds
- Experience working with children, teens, young adults
- Familiarity with experiential learning techniques (performing arts/theatre a plus)
- Experience and familiarity with creative and online presentation platforms (e.g., edpuzzle, nearpod, Prezi)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
The PERKS of Working at JCS: Comprehensive Benefit Plan + 401(k) + Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays + Free + JCC gym membership (taxes apply) + Professional Development Opportunities + Legal Shield + Pet Insurance + MD 529 College Savings Plans + Competitive Salary + Free+CEU Opportunities + Supervision for Licensure
JCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All opportunities at JCS are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of criminal background clearances, drug test, and degree and/or license verification. If the position requires driving, a valid driver’s license, motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance are required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 3506 Gwynnbrook Ave, Owings Mills, MD 21117, USA
- 5708 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA