Senior Director, Human Resources & Operations
We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Director of Human Resources & Operations to join our team at American Trucking Associations. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will play a pivotal part in our success. The Senior Director will lead the development and execution of human resources strategies and oversee our facilities operations. With a network that spans across ATA staff, members, government officials, and various stakeholders, this role holds significant responsibilities. It includes managing the HR team and overseeing multiple operational budgets. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive and professional disposition.
- Develop and implement HR initiatives that align with our business objectives and support our strategic vision.
- Serve as an advisor to management on organizational and personnel matters.
- Provide leadership and guidance in recruiting, retention, talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, and leadership development.
- Design and implement competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefit plans.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and productive work environment, including compliance with building codes and OSHA regulations.
- Oversee tenant and sub-tenant lease agreements, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions.
- Advise, negotiate, manage, and administer service contracts, considering their financial viability.
- Oversee daily administration activities, including space planning, renovation, supply purchases, and more.
- Assess real estate and space requirements based on market values and demands.
Education: BS/BA degree required; MBA/MA preferred; or 10-to-12 years of related experience and training, or equivalent combination.
Skills: We seek an organized, politically savvy, and articulate leader with excellent communication and negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will be an excellent educator, creative thinker, and have superior interpersonal and organizational skills. Experience in human resources and strategic leadership is a must.
Certifications: CAE, PHR, SPHR, IFMA certifications are a plus.
ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. We are a 90-year-old federation with state trucking association affiliates in all 50 states. We represent every sector of the industry, from LTL to truckload, agriculture, and livestock to auto haulers, and from large motor carriers to small mom-and-pop operations.
- ATA offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- We are located in Washington, D.C., within walking distance of the Navy Yard metro station
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- Education assistance
- Various retirement plans with employer match
- Medical, dental & vision benefits at affordable cost
- HSA and FSA plans with employer contributions
- Pay Type Salary
- ATA Headquarters, 80 M St SE, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America