The vision of the American Trucking Associations, Inc. (ATA), is to be the recognized leader in transportation advocacy representing the safest, most responsible and financially successful motor carriers. Our mission is to effectively advocate and communicate efforts designed to improve safety and profitability for our members.
The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking an energetic and creative Event Specialist.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide exemplary support and service related to meeting and event logistics, event design and implementation, and general meeting inquiries. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless execution of our events, from coordinating venue logistics to managing on-site support for attendees.
- Coordinate and manage the booking, rental, and usage of the ATA Conference Center and other meeting spaces within the ATA headquarters.
- Provide logistical and onsite support for individuals and groups using the conference center space, collaborating with human resources, building operations, and building management as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for ATA events, including venues, caterers, food and beverage needs, speakers, security, AV and technical equipment, offsite activities, furniture and décor, and other meeting content as needed.
- Collaborate with the Event Services team and other ATA departments to compile and organize program assets, such as speaker biographies, photos, presentations, handouts, videos, and other event program content.
- Support Event Services staff in developing conference materials, including onsite programs, letters, brochures, etc., associated with assigned meetings.
- Solicit and review RFPs from vendors and suppliers for event services, including venues, catering, event talent, security, temporary staff, entertainment, transportation, housing, and event technology.
- Assist the registration team within Event Services by entering and processing registrations and responding to registration inquiries via email and phone.
- Associate degree plus 3-5 years of experience working in hospitality and/or meeting and event implementation. Previous experience within an association is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Previous experience with Association Management Systems (AMS) or other data management platforms is preferred.
ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. We are a 90-year-old federation with state trucking association affiliates in all 50 states. We represent every sector of the industry, from LTL to truckload, agriculture, and livestock to auto haulers, and from large motor carriers to small mom-and-pop operations.
- ATA offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- We are located in Washington, D.C., within walking distance of the Navy Yard metro station
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- Education assistance
- Various retirement plans with employer match
- Medical, dental & vision benefits at affordable cost
- HSA and FSA plans with employer contributions
The American Trucking Associations is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 80 M St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA