Be the face of Auction.com, the nation’s leading online real estate marketplace, and represent the company by conducting, co-hosting, and otherwise participating in live auctions, traditionally held on the courthouse steps. While you’re there, expect to interact with bidders while performing the necessary tasks to successfully complete an auction and multitasking to ensure all required processes have been met. You will also help your local community thrive by educating customers on how to participate in auctions and helping to turn houses into homes.
Auctions are conducted in King, Snohomish, Skagit, Island and Whatcom counties, WA, so expect up to 3 hours to travel time. You may occasionally be required to travel beyond primary territory in which case a rental car may be provided, based on projected mileage. This can vary based on scheduling opportunities and your skill set.
Salary: $22.50 per hour
After an initial training period, specific compensation for the role may vary depending on several factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Auction.com offers a competitive compensation package in addition to base salary or wage, including a 401k match, annual incentive program, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits for eligible roles. Learn more at https://www.auction.com/lp/careers/
Auctions are every Friday, onsite at county courthouses starting at 7:30am.
As an Auction Coordinator I, your Area/State manager will assign weekly, auctions/events, depending on scheduling needs, so you’ll need to have a flexible and adaptable schedule. Additionally, there will be required training sessions, administrative tasks, and available resources to provide opportunities to improve skills while earning additional compensation. On average, you will work between 4 – 10 hours per week, however, hours fluctuate and are not guaranteed.
As an Auction Coordinator I, you will contribute to various functions of auctions and events. This may include but not be limited to:
• Maintaining the highest level of professionalism with customers and on-site event location staff such as deputies, government employees, attorney’s, etc.
• Maintaining equipment and materials.
• Being a subject matter expert on customer resources.
• Professional communication and networking.
• Collecting customer information using our proprietary software.
• Completing customer receipts.
• Completing event reports.
• Participating in and contributing to scheduled training and team calls.
• Completing all tasks with high quality, efficiency, and attention to detail.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Enjoys working in customer service and specifically enjoys interacting with and helping people.
• Is patient, clear and concise when talking to customer.
• Is open to feedback and coaching.
• Has a high school diploma or equivalent as a minimum level of education.
• Has the ability to lift up to 50 pounds when needed.
• Has the ability to stand for long hours and outside in all weather conditions.
• Comfortable using technology
• Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office.
• Has excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Has great adaptability and quickly grasps new concepts.
• Achieves high performance while managing several assignments.
• Thrives in dynamic environments and can think quickly on their feet.
• Works well independently and as a team while continuously maintaining a team mindset.
• Can regularly travel up to 3 hours to event locations in their personal vehicle.
• Prior auction experience is appreciated but not required.
What’s In It For You:
Competitive pay, professional experience for your resume, a unique working environment (no office!), regular training opportunities for professional growth and development, employee recognition program, employee referral program, and eligibility to participate in the Auction.com 401k program. We also offer a competitive Travel Pay Policy to help compensate for personal vehicle usage, when applicable.
To all recruitment agencies: Auction.com does not accept agency resumes unless you are part of our preferred partner network. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Auction.com employees or any other company location. Auction.com is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Auction.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To review our California Personnel Privacy Statement and Notice at Collection, please click here.
*Specific compensation for the role may vary depending on several factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Auction.com offers a competitive total compensation package in addition to base salary or wage, such as a 401k match, annual incentive program, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits for eligible roles. Learn more at https://www.auction.com/lp/careers/