Associate Auction Coordinator - New Martinsville, WV - PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY
Position Summary: Be the face of Auction.com, the nation’s leading online real estate marketplace, and represent the company by conducting, co-hosting, and otherwise participating in live auctions, traditionally held on the courthouse steps. While you’re there, expect to interact with bidders while performing the necessary tasks to successfully complete an auction and multitasking to ensure all required processes have been met. You will also help your local community thrive by educating customers on how to participate in auctions and helping to turn houses into homes.
Auction.com is the nation’s leading online real estate marketplace focused exclusively on the sale of residential bank-owned and foreclosure properties via online auctions and live trustee sale events. By offering access to exclusive properties and technology designed to seamlessly connect buyers and sellers, Auction.com empowers residential real estate investors and financial institutions to achieve optimal, mutually beneficial results – to go beyond the bid.
The Territory: New Martinsville, WV but expect to drive up to 2 hours to county courthouse auctions in surrounding areas as needed. This can vary based on scheduling opportunities and your skill set. A rental car will be provided for travel outside of primary territory.
The Schedule: As an Associate Auction Coordinator, your Area/State manager will assign you daily auctions, depending on scheduling needs, so you’ll need to have a flexible and adaptable schedule. Live auctions take place Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Additionally, there will be required training sessions in person and via Zoom, team calls, and available resources to provide opportunities to improve skills while earning additional compensation. Each auction day typically requires anywhere from 3 - 4 hours of work. On average, you will work between 8 – 12 hours weekly, however, hours fluctuate and are not guaranteed.
As an Associate Auction Coordinator, you will contribute to various functions of auctions and events. Responsible for welcoming guests and collecting customer information to ensure all pre auction requirements are met before participation in the auction. You will be required to learn and share your knowledge about Auction.com programs and initiatives that deliver the best auction experience and resources for attendees. You will collect sensitive buyer and seller information that requires 100% data input accuracy. Position requires the ability to multi-task within the fast-paced auction environment and provides customer service to all event day attendees. Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to those listed below, which are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be other related duties as assigned.
- Maintaining the highest level of professionalism with customers and on-site event location staff such as deputies, government employees, attorney’s, etc.
- Maintaining equipment and materials.
- Being a subject matter expert on customer resources.
- Professional communication and networking.
- Collecting customer information using our proprietary software.
- Completing customer receipts. Comfortable handling funds, including cash.
- Completing event reports.
- Emphasis on attendance. Participating in and contributing to scheduled training and team calls.
- Completing all tasks with high quality, efficiency, and attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Enjoys working in customer service and specifically enjoys interacting with and helping people.
- Is tech-savvy and has excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Has excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Has great adaptability and quickly grasps new concepts.
- Achieves high performance while managing several assignments.
- Thrives in dynamic environments and can think quickly on their feet.
- Works well independently and as a team while continuously maintaining a team mindset.
- Is comfortable leading and interacting with a crowd.
- Is patient, clear and concise when talking to customer.
- Is open to feedback and coaching.
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent as a minimum level of education.
- Has the ability to lift up to 50 pounds when needed.
- Has the ability to stand for long hours and outside in all weather conditions.
- Can regularly travel up to 2 hours to event locations in their personal vehicle.
- Prior auction experience is appreciated but not required.
What’s In It For You:
Competitive pay, professional experience for your resume, a unique working environment (no office!), regular training opportunities for professional growth and development, employee recognition program, employee referral program, and eligibility to participate in the Auction.com 401k program. We also offer a competitive Travel Pay Policy to help compensate for personal vehicle usage, when applicable.
To all recruitment agencies: Auction.com does not accept agency resumes unless you are part of our preferred partner network. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Auction.com employees or any other company location. Auction.com is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Auction.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To review our California Personnel Privacy Statement and Notice at Collection, please click here.
*Specific compensation for the role may vary depending on several factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Auction.com offers a competitive total compensation package in addition to base salary or wage, such as a 401k match, annual incentive program, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits for eligible roles. Learn more at https://www.auction.com/lp/careers/
- Job Family Operations - Field
- Job Function 02 - Coordinator
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- New Martinsville, WV 26155, USA