DESIGN MANAGER - Competitive Cyclist
Start Date: Targeted: December 11th, 2023
Reports to: Art Director
Location: Onsite in our Park City, UT headquarters office
Comp: $100,000 - 110,000 annual salary
The Design Manager is a lead role on our in-house creative team. The role sits within the Brand Marketing department and is responsible for the creative direction for our portfolio brand Competetive Cyclist. You will be working on a broad set of challenges, from enhancing the brand position of some of the leading brands in the outdoor space, as well as helping build new brands through grassroots marketing efforts. The position will support a number of initiatives, working on an array of campaigns - online and offline - that support brand and financial objectives. The position will be managing a cross-functional team including designers, editing and web developers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing and executing the Creative Director's vision through the production of various brand campaigns. Establishing design direction and guidelines/templates. Executional excellence and attention to detail are a must.
- Become a partner in executing vision developed through the Art Director. Able to concept and Art Direct Photoshoots in studio and outside.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and brand consistency of design through all phases of a project.
- Ensures that projects meet or exceed creative design intent and achieves creative desired customer experience on budget and schedule. (May include: Ecomm experience, MDF’s, Promos, Emails, Banners, Social campaigns etc)
- Oversees and gives day to day work assignments to the production team during all phases of the project, in a manner that meets the project design intent, schedule and budget.
- Manage, develop and coach a small team including design, editing and web development.
- Develop best practices and instruct teams on how to build them. (May include: Production Process in Figma and Adobe Suite, Naming Conventions, File building, etc)
- Key participant in cost, schedule, technical, integration and other discussions.
- Organizes and manages in-house and external design resources to ensure successful delivery.
- Partner closely with CD and Art Director to understand campaign brief and ensure reliable handover into production.
- Work with UX design and engineering to partner with and implement vision
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- B.S., B.A., B.F.A or equivalent with 5+ years related work experience.
- Strong Design Portfolio Required
- Strong background in graphic design, ideally in retail and eCommerce spaces
- Able to articulate ideas clearly through both written and spoken form.
- Able to manage a team to strict deadlines and multiple projects.
- Ability to manage budgets within project scope
- Able to provide feedback well 1:1 and within group situations.
- Previous management experience is not required but preferred.
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite and Figma.
- Interest or passion for the outdoor industry
- Wants to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Account
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,000.00
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America