Gearhead Operations Community and Content Manager
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Community and Content
REPORTS TO: VP, Contact Center Gearhead Operations
LOCATION: Gearhead Operations, Salt Lake City. You will need to live local to the Salt Lake City, UT area.
PAY GRADE: Salary
As the Gearhead Operations Community and Content Manager at Backcountry, your role will be to strengthen and grow our brand’s relationship with both our customers and Gearheads while amplifying the voice, knowledge, and experience that our Gearheads have across our customer base and within our Gearhead team. You will engage with our customers and Gearheads, fostering a strong brand connection, and drive our customer-focused and Gearhead-created content programs. You will also be responsible for the upkeep and accessibility of our knowledge base, ensuring that our internal processes and documents are up-to-date, readily accessible, and clearly communicated. Your proactive engagement with customers and Gearheads alike will be pivotal in driving brand loyalty, sales, and an engaging environment for our Gearheads. This role involves collaboration across various company departments to create a knowledge-rich, engaging, and educational environment online and within our Backcountry Herd.
- Support the creation and supervision of engaging, knowledge-rich Gearhead content that aligns with our brand voice and values, shared across internal channels and our company websites.
- Maintain and update the Gearhead knowledge base repository, ensuring easy access and up-to-date information.
- Drive and develop internal communication strategies to keep employees informed, engaged, and invested in our community.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Gearhead Operations and Enterprise Teams, acting as a point of contact for customer social media needs, process changes, ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up.
- Oversee the timely resolution, response process, and customer education and engagement through product reviews on both internal and 3rd party sites, responding as necessary.
- Identify and report community and customer sentiment trends, collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive and positive brand experience for both customers and Gearheads, and support the digital communications strategy across various mediums and platforms for our brand or content.
- Facilitate engagement with posts, reviews, and online customer-facing feedback across all platforms, ensuring timely resolution, follow-up, and prompt, accurate responses.
- Manage the online customer-facing Q&A process, ensuring prompt and accurate responses.
- Oversee the Gearhead product review process, ensuring transparency and quality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and supervise the production of brand-aligned content for various platforms.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to manage multiple tasks and initiatives.
- Strong analytical ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs and trends.
- Market research skills to drive insightful product reviews and customer education initiatives.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams, ensuring a consistent and positive brand experience.
- Proven experience in managing internal communications and fostering employee engagement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT*:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk.
- The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop crouch, twist and lift up to 10 pounds, with or without accommodation.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Pay Type Salary
- GHO, 2607 South Decker Lake Blvd., West Valley City, Utah, United States of America