Sr. Software Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica (HYBRID)
Backcountry is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team! As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of our eCommerce platform. You will work closely with the rest of the technology team to build, maintain, and optimize our systems to ensure a smooth shopping experience for our customers. You will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and deploying high-quality software solutions that meet business requirements.
- Support the product owner to manage the team backlog.
- Partner our architecture team and other engineers to design solutions.
- Help guide the execution of projects and delivery.
- Monitor systems executions and performance of all the systems.
- Support incidents impacting the team’s systems.
- Support knowledge transfer and documentation.
- Maintain sharp technical skillset by contributing high-quality code and documentation to each solution.
- Mentor senior and junior software engineers in the team investing time in their development and learning.
- Challenges software engineers to continue to learn and improve technical skillset.
- Recommend architectural enhancements and provide senior guidance to team members on best practices and optimization techniques.
- Proactively looks for opportunities of improvement or damage indicators that could become problems impacting our user’s experience.
- Design reviews with focus on non-functional requirements like performance, scalability, security.
- Advocate for business problem being solved in every story, and work to gain a deep understanding of the root problem so that the simplest solution can be identified.
- Continually invest in your own knowledge and skillset through training, reading, and attending conferences and meetups.
- Represent Backcountry’s core values through your actions.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Solid understanding of software development concepts, including object-oriented programming, design patterns, and algorithms.
- Experience on Cloud development in GCP or AWS.
- Strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Expertise with Relational Databases and SQL Queries
- Expertise with NoSQL / Document Oriented Databases
- Expertise with Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools.
- Open to critical feedback.
- Expertise with Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, NodeJS.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts. #CPTF #LI-JB1
- Pay Type Salary
- Costa Rica