Outpatient Therapist - Cape CBHC
Department: Behavioral Health Integration
Reports To: Outpatient Clinic Director
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Cape Cod Community Behavioral Health Center (CBHC) Outpatient Therapist will provide outpatient therapy services to individuals participating in the Cape Cod CBHC including counseling and psycho-therapy services. These services include assessments; treatment, case documentation, discharge planning, and coordination of care with other care providers, family and other involved individuals or service providers as appropriate. Clinicians work within the context of a multidisciplinary team in the clinic. This position contributes to Bay Coves mission by its participation in a program taking a recovery oriented approach to providing access to services that address the needs of community members most impacted by deleterious social determinants of health. This is an exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Screen, evaluate and treat individuals participating in the Cape Cod CBHC. Modalities of treatment include, but are not limited to, psycho-therapy/counseling with individuals, groups, couples, and families.
- Maintain updated clinical records of individual or group clients in a timely fashion and as specified by the policies and procedures of the Cape CBHC and by standards of regulatory and funding agencies. This includes but is not restricted to a comprehensive initial assessment, Individual Action Plans (treatment plans), progress notes, and discharge summaries when applicable.
- Coordinate treatment with other involved parties as appropriate, i.e. other psychiatric and/or medical treaters (PCP), other service providers, significant client supports, etc.
- Be a participating member of the multidisciplinary care team and provide support in helping to facilitate and empower patients to engage in improving their well being
- Complete required training designated on orientation checklist and on the CBHC general training plan within established parameters
- Maintain professional licensure and professional competency by attending educational and professional activities such as conferences, seminars and training pertinent to the population served and the clinical work conducted.
- Assist the CBHC quality and evaluation team in the collection of required data for submission to funder
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Requirements for the Position:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or a related field required.
- LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, or other behavioral health category which qualifies as Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts preferred.
- At least two years of experience providing services to individuals with mental health challenges.
- Solid understanding of clinical and recovery principles.
- Professional writing and oral communications skills.
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
- Job Function 2A
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
- Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA