Case Manager - Congregate - Cardinal Medeiros Shelter
Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Job Summary:The Congregate Case Manager provides onsite service coordination and activities to tenants of a housing site that serves men and women over the age of 62.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Serve as leader of the multi-disciplinary assessment team (MAT), facilitate screening applicants.
- Assist residents with translation, or arrange for a translator, in order to facilitate daily activities such as making medical appointments, finance issues, housing, etc.
- Recruit applicants for congregate housing through community education and outreach.
- Develop and implement a supportive service plan for each tenant.
- Coordinate the delivery of supportive services to tenants of congregate housing.
- Support each tenant in making day-to-day adjustments to congregate housing.
- Integrate the congregate housing project into the community.
- Encourage the maintenance of self-reliance and foster the development of mutual support among tenants.
- Develop and implement a plan to handle emergencies.
- Participate in on-going evaluation of the congregate housing facility.
- Develop and implement social activities and programs which promote individual healthand community living.
- Work collaboratively with the property management company
- Maintain HMIS database and assist the housing manager with the annual progress report
- BA in Social Work or Human Services, or 3-5 years’ experience
- Must be able to assess support service needs of elders homeless services
- Experience coordinating and integrating community resources
- Staff supervisory experience is helpful
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of clients, other care providers, family and community members.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced human service environment.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
- Job Family Counselor I
- Job Function 9B
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Boston, MA, USA