Night Shelter Counselor - Boston Night Center
Boston, MA, USA Req #1938
Friday, October 6, 2023
Requirements of the position:
- Outreach to clients in need of counseling services to prevent homelessness.
- Complete intake, Information Disclosure Agreement to assess client’s needs and discuss possible resources
- Develop with the client an Individual Service Plan that identifies individual needs, goals and a plan of action to address them.
- Meet weekly with clients to discuss progress and make appropriate next step referrals Advocate for and assist clients with securing eligible benefits including: SSI, SSDI, Veterans Disability, unemployment compensation, pensions and/or tax refunds and Health Care.
- Maintain appropriate records, track client’s progress and collect information based on the requirements spelled out in the APR.
- Prepare yearly APR (annual progress reports) for DND, in addition to maintaining HMIS data reported through the ETO system.
- Attend weekly supervision
- Carry out other duties related to achieving the objectives of the Kit Clark Housing and Homeless Services.
- Troubleshoot and help maintain the client database HMIS system Organize and update files as needed.
- Facilitate good communication by answering incoming calls, taking messages and assisting staff and clients in obtaining needed information.
- Keep office supplies current.
- Maintain office equipment in good working condition.
- Photocopy forms and documents as needed
- Compile monthly statistics.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- BA or 3 to 5 years of experience
- Excellent organizational skills/ attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of housing regulations and resources preferred 3-5 years housing search and/ or case management experience
- Experience working with homeless and at-risk adults
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Flexibility and comfort working independently and as a team player
- Knowledge of substance abuse and mental health issues preferred.
- Computer skills necessary
- Willingness to share office space
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Job Family Counselor I
- Job Function 9B
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA