Counselor - Mirasol Center for Healing
Tuesday thorugh Saturday - 11am-7pm - $24/hour - We're Expanding! Other schedules available!
Reports To: Clinical Director
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Clinical Director and in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Counselor is responsible for providing clinical services including assessment, individual and group therapy, and care coordination for patients admitted to diversionary services, in partnership with other providers across Bay Cove’s continuum of care as well as with external providers. The Counselor contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by providing patient directed clinical treatment and supports to facilitate the realization of personal potential for diversionary services patients.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
● Create a warm, welcome, and safe environment for patients.
● Under the guidance of the Clinical Director, engage patients, conduct interviews, develop comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments, and individualized treatment plans.
● Facilitate individual counseling sessions in accordance with the individualized treatment plan.
● Collaborate with the clinical team to facilitate a variety groups using evidenced based curriculums.
● Counsel patients individually and/or in family and in group sessions to facilitate achievement of treatment goals under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor.
● Provide clinical support to patients on an as needed basis.
● Complete all documentation in the electronic health record in accordance with agency and DPH/BSAS guidelines for format, timeliness, and quality assurance.
● Serve as a member of the multidisciplinary team via active participation in team meetings, communicating observations, and contributing to decisions about changes to treatment planning and document these changes in a Multidisciplinary Service Notes.
● Actively participate in training, group and individual supervision, and other professional development opportunities with the goal of continual development of clinical skills.
● Provide crisis prevention and intervention, escalating to the appropriate party when assistance is needed (supervisor, BEST Team, etc.).
● All other job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
● Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a closely related field or minimum four years of experience in a Human Services field required.
● Licensure as a Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC I or LADC II), Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC), or Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADAC) preferred.
● Minimum three (3) years of experience in substance use disorder treatment.
● Demonstrated knowledge of the substance use treatment continuum and services and related community resources/aftercare placement options preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals experiencing distress resulting from behavioral health issues required.
● Demonstrated use of appropriate independent judgment to determine appropriate course of action in resolving problems and in emergencies.
● At least intermediate proficiency with word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps required.
● Demonstrated clinical writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
● Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
● Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
● Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
● Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
● Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners.
● Ongoing detection and interpretation of information on documents, monitors, and labels and accompanying response, as well as to identification of equipment and supplies.
● Frequent interaction with providers, colleagues, customers, patients/clients, and visitors requiring the employee to communicate, as well as detect and interpret information, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, occasionally during emergency situations.
● Frequent communication of accurate information, instructions, and ideas so others will understand.
● Operation of complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent phone and computer use for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
● Bending to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment up to twenty (20) pounds.
● Frequent movement throughout the unit to access, obtain, or distribute supplies (sometimes pushing or pulling equipment), interact with patients, assist in the transport of patients, etc.
● Undertake lifesaving efforts by conducting CPR via the provision of chest compressions and rescue breathing as needed until relieved by medical professionals.
● Requirement to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time as needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.00
- Boston, MA, USA