Clinician - UCC - Per Diem - Cape CBHC AMCI
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Southeast Emergency Services Mobile Clinician provides direct services to children and adults in crisis. This Clinician assesses each person’s needs for services and develops a treatment plan that best ensures for their safety and optimizes their effective resolution of the crisis. S/he facilitates the person’s engagement or re-engagement in behavioral health services through referral to community based services that are consonant with the person’s needs and preferences. As needed, the Clinician facilitates the person’s admission to acute treatment services. This is a non-exempt position.
The Clinician works as part of the Southeast Emergency Services program that provides on site assessment and support, as well as mobile capacity to conduct assessments at the person’s home, school, or agency in the designated catchment area. S/he works as a partner in an integrated urgent care/emergency support services network.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Completes assessments and treatment plans of children and adults who are in crisis in a comprehensive manner attending to their safety and needs
- Assists the person in crises with engagement or reengagement in needed services, utilizing community based health, behavioral health, and social services that will ameliorate the presenting crisis.
- Works with the person in crisis and their support network to fortify their strengths and coping skills
- Provides brief treatment and support until requisite community services can be accessed in order to minimize reliance on acute inpatient services.
- Facilitates admission to acute inpatient care on an as needed basis.
- Documents all assessments and interventions in accordance with program and BayCove standards
- Secures as needed financial and insurance related information to facilitate billing and payment for services rendered
- Utilizes individual supervision and team meetings in the service of optimizing the program’s overall mission
- Works effectively with clients, family members, police, community partners, and the ESP team in a professional, hopeful, and respectful manner to ensure the client’s safety
- Provides services in a manner that is consonant with program, BayCove, and collaborative agencies’ standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by the Program Director.
- Must be able to drive to different locations.
- Must have the ability to assess children and adults in their homes and apartments with stairs.
- Must be able to observe the person in crisis, noting symptoms and nonverbal behaviors
- Master's level clinician, license preferred
- Minimally 3 years experience working in a mental health setting.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Current Massachusetts Driver’s License and use of reliable personal vehicle for work related travel
- Job Family Licensed Counselor
- Job Function 2A
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
- Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA