Clinician - Mobile Crisis Intervention - Bay Cove Behavioral Health and Wellness Center - Cape CBHC AMCI
Reports To: Director of Mobile Crisis Intervention - Bay Cove Behavioral Health and Wellness Center - Cape Cod
The Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI) Clinician provides direct services to youth and adults in crisis. This Clinician assesses each person’s needs for services and develops a treatment plan that best ensures their safety and optimizes their effective resolution of the crisis. S/he facilitates the person’s engagement or re-engagement in behavioral health services through referral to community based services that are consonant with the person’s needs and preferences. As needed, the Clinician facilitates the person’s admission to acute treatment services. The Clinician works as part of the MCI program that provides on site assessment and support, as well as mobile capacity to conduct assessments at the person’s home, school, or agency on Cape Cod.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
● Completes assessments and treatment plans of adults who are in crisis in a comprehensive manner attending to their safety and needs
● Assists the person in crises with engagement or reengagement in needed services, utilizing community based health, behavioral health, and social services that will ameliorate the presenting crisis.
● Works with the person in crisis and their support network to fortify their strengths and coping skills
● Provides brief treatment and support until requisite community services can be accessed in order to minimize reliance on acute inpatient services.
● Facilitates admission to acute inpatient care on an as needed basis.
● Documents all assessments and interventions in accordance with program and Bay Cove standards
● Secures as needed financial and insurance related information to facilitate billing and payment for services rendered
● Utilizes individual supervision and team meetings in the service of optimizing the program’s overall mission
● Works effectively with clients, family members, police, community partners, and the MCI team in a professional, hopeful, and respectful manner to ensure the client’s safety
● Provides services in a manner that is consonant with program, Bay Cove, and collaborative agencies’ standards, policies, and procedures
● Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by the Program Director.
Requirements for Position:
● Master's level clinician, license preferred
● Minimally 3 years experience working in a mental health setting.
● Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
● Current Massachusetts Driver’s License and use of reliable personal vehicle for work related travel
● High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
● Professional writing and verbal communication skills.
● Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
● Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
● Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
● Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
● Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
● Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
● Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
● Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
- Hyannis, Barnstable, MA 02601, USA