Safety Monitor - Bradston Occupancy
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
It is the mission of the Bay Cove Treatment Center to help opiate addicted individuals achieve a recovering lifestyle. This mission is accomplished through the use of methadone medication as a treatment agent (either through the modality of detoxification or maintenance) and by intensive outpatient individual and group counseling, weekly drug screening, and added services including case management, HIV/AIDS treatment, and family/couples counseling as needed.
This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of Position:
- Answer phone lines, transfer calls as appropriate
- Use remote to admit clients into the clinic
- Being mindful of unknown persons at the door and questioning any unknown person.
- Check clients into the Treatment Center using AMS
- Accept payment from clients who pay a fee and give payment to Office Manager.
- Ensuring all clients present a photo ID prior to being checked in
- If client arrives at the incorrect time to inform the client politely he/she has arrived at an inappropriate time and have them go upstairs to speak with their counselor.
- Ensuring no more than 5 clients are in the waiting area at one time.
- Monitoring male and female bathrooms, allowing only 1 person to enter at a time and to sign the log.
- Monitoring clients for impairment and notifying nursing as appropriate
- Monitoring clients in the waiting area as well as the pre-waiting area (staff is to be in pre-waiting area with clients).
- Alert appropriate staff (Director, Office Manager, Nurse Manager) as to any disruptive or suspicious occurrence as soon as possible
- Writing up incident reports as needed.
- Monitor noise level, gently reminding clients to lower voices, avoid shouting, singing etc.
- Alert Bay Cove Security to potential trouble as warranted.
- Ensuring all clinic policies are being observed by clients while in the clinic area.
- Informing clients of notices left for them by staff
- Helping to Ensure order in waiting area
- Working effectively with staff
- Ability to remain level headed in a stressful environment
- To remain on duty and wait patiently until the nurse has completed her count, locked the safe and leaves the building.
- To communicate in an effective and calm manner
- Providing excellent customer service to consumers
Requirements for the position:
- Reception, security and excellent customer service skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with clientele and staff
- Maintaining proper boundaries with clientele
- Basic computer skills and Data Entry skills
- Experience in human services work strongly preferred
- Good organization and communication skills
- Calm demeanor
- Must be responsible and flexible
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA