Developmental Specialist (Per Diem) - DS - Bradston Day Habilitation
Hours Per Diem as needed - typically 8am to 3pm preferred - Monday through Friday
Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Developmental Specialist provides direct care and case management services for a group of assigned clients. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Participates in the development and implementation of Day Habilitation Service Plans, IDT, goals, and activities for assigned caseload. In collaboration with program participants, helps them to identify and develop plans, goals and objectives that are measurable and tailored to their individual strengths, needs and interests.
- Teaches developmental skills to increase independent functioning including self-care, self-preservation, receptive and expressive communication, self- advocacy, self-direction, and activities of daily living, (ADL’s including personal hygiene & grooming, first aid and meal selection and preparation).
- Leads group in planning and implementing training and therapeutic activities that support Service Plan goals. Provides direction to direct care staff to ensure that the program participants’ needs are met and that activity requirements are fulfilled according to program schedule. Provide client coverage for other groups and activities as assigned.
- Provides required documentation for participant activities for each day. Assesses progress made on Service Plan objectives and document in progress notes completed by the fifteenth day of the following month.
- Provides supportive counseling to participants around daily personal and social issues.
- Delivers services to program participants with respect and dignity in accordance with human rights training, DDS regulations for human rights, and Bay Cove standards.
- Reports medical and health concerns to the Healthcare Supervisor. Provides emergency intervention as needed. Provide emergency interventions and physical assistance to program participants whenever it is needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Requirements for the position:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have had a TB screening within the past 12 months, & required every year.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Massachusetts drivers’ license.
- Maintain required training certifications including CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, and assist people with mobility impairments as needed to perform physical care tasks utilizing safety protocols and approved techniques.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities in meaningful activities and support their skill development towards self-determination and independence.
- Knowledge of human rights principles, and demonstrated ability to treat individuals with developmental and physical disabilities with respect, dignity, compassion, and value.
- Ability to articulate and communicate the program’s mission and goals to others and to represent the program professionally in meetings and trainings.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Boston, MA, USA