Program Director - DS Residential - Assistant - Willers Street
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Assistant Program Director assists with the day to day administration, programming, and operations of the assigned community based long term support service program(s). The Assistant Program Director contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by providing effective and compassionate services and through advocacy and leadership.
This position is non-exempt.
Models and teaches professional and community behavior. Staff supervision as assigned
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Strict adherence to program model including clinical, programmatic, and quality protocols (for example staff meetings, trainings, data collection, community relationships, MAP, regulatory and agency policies as required.) Supports and fills in for Program Director as assigned.
- Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting, resourcing and communicating.
- Models, teaches, and reinforces activities of daily living (such as medication management, hygiene, cleaning, personal property management, relationship development, budgeting, and safety).
- Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and develop skills which may include using the teachable moment.
- Is knowledgeable of, facilitates, models, and teaches all program safety procedures including crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
- Manages, accompanies, tracks, communicates and follows up on individual medical, dental and psychiatric appointments or leisure activities via public transportation or agency vehicle.
- Maintains programmatic documentation.
- Performs household and property maintenance tasks toward the general upkeep of the residence.
- Provides specialized training and instruction to individuals and coworkers (such as in the role of Medication Officer, Human Rights Officer, Van Officer, Safety Officer or Activities Coordinator) on an assigned basis.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel.
Requirements for the Position:
- 1-3 years previous work experience in human service setting GED or High School Diploma
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required. Applicants lacking medication certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment.
- Current Drivers License.
- Adequate Reading, Writing, Communication, & Computer literacy to perform agency functions
- Physical capability to perform necessary lifts or restraints
- Use of personal cell phone and/or vehicle
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/partners.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.05
- West Roxbury, Boston, MA, USA