Engagement Partner I - ACCS - Central Avenue
Boston, MA, USA Req #1833
Thursday, May 18, 2023
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
As a member of the multidisciplinary ACCS Integrated Team, the Engagement Partner I provides day to day support to adults challenged with mental health issues who are living in a group living environment or a supported independent environment. The Engagement Partner I delivers interventions to Persons that are clinically informed and are delivered in a way that is supported by evidence based practices. The Engagement Partner I contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by partnering with Persons to work towards personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for engaging with Persons in a way which incorporates into program culture the practices and philosophies of evidence based practices including but not limited to; Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral for Treatment (SBIRT), Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Seeking Safety and Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM).
- Utilizes recovery-oriented language and principles in all communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and collaterals
- Participate on the Engagement Team of assigned persons as directed by the ACCS Clinical Supervisor
- Engages in supportive interventions with Persons aimed at teaching daily living skills such as community safety practices, travel-training, banking and budgeting, cooking, shopping, personal care and hygiene and care of personal space and belongings.
- As needed and/or as requested, accompanies Persons to medical, dental and psychiatric appointments or leisure activities via public transportation, agency vehicle or staff car.
- Performs other household maintenance and cleaning tasks which have been designated as shift responsibilities and as assigned by the Program manager.
- Administers medications in accordance with MAP standards and trains clients in self-medication procedures.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures to ensure overall health and safety of clients
- Provides skilled shift coverage, including weekends and awake overnights, as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Prepares meals following the nutritional guidelines set forth in Executive Order 509.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requirements for the Position:
- At least one year direct care experience providing services to adults with mental health issues or a related population; a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area can be substituted for experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must have flexibility to work a similar schedule in a different group living or supported independent environment in response to program need and as directed by supervisor.
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental health challenges to live in community residences, to work in market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a scheduled or as-needed basis.
- Proficient writing and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration required within 3 months of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to monitor clients on multiple floors and physical capacity to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.25
This posting is inactive.
- Boston, MA, USA