Medical Appointment Specialist - Orlando Street
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Your position as residential counselor appointment specialist supports this mission as you will provide direct care services to adults living in a moderate/basic Bay Cove residential program. Support will be provided in a manner that promotes the development of independent and community living skills and an improved quality of life. Despite having a routine 9am-5pm schedule, some flexibility will be required depending upon appointments made outside that timeframe. This is a non-exempt position with a 40 hour daytime schedule.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Follows program model including clinical, programmatic and quality protocols (for example, house, staff, supervision meetings, trainings, data collection, community relationships, as required).
- Exercises strong clinical judgement in observing, supporting, resourcing and communicating.
- Teaches and reinforces activities of daily living (such as medication management, hygiene, cleaning, personal property management, relationship development, budgeting, and safety).
- Implements and develops program activities to reinforce and develop skills which may include using the teachable moment.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures including crisis assessment, prevention and needed intervention.
- Schedules routine medical, dental, and psychiatric appointments in collaboration with residential staff and supervisors.
- Provides skilled coverage while accompanying individuals to medical, dental and psychiatric appointments.
- Maintains programmatic documentation.
- Performs household and property maintenance tasks toward the general upkeep of the residence.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel.
Requirements for the Position:
- 1-3 years’ experience in human service setting preferred.
- GED or High School Diploma required.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration is required (MAP). *Applicants lacking Medication Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment*.
- Certified in Prevent Training. *Applicants lacking Prevent Certification must become certified within 90 days of date of hire to retain employment*.
- Current driver's license and maintains a safe driving record.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/partners.
- Job Family Counselor II
- Job Function 9B
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA