Sous Chef - Alta Via Market Square
The Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef in the creation and development of menu items, keeping with the restaurant’s theme and identity. They ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards. The Sous Chef acts as a back up to the Executive Chef and fills in where needed to ensure guest satisfaction and efficient operations.
Working in our award-winning restaurants as a full-time manager offers you a great job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 50% Employee Discount: 50% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location.
- Time Off: Paid vacation and personal/sick days
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: Once eligibility requirements are met, employees are able to enroll in the program through Fidelity.
The ideal candidate:
- Must pass a background screen.
- Has at least 3 years of experience in varied kitchen positions. Completion of a culinary program is preferred.
- Has at least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Can reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Can work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Pay Type Salary
- 46 Fox Chapel Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15238, USA