Regional Management Director
Regional Management Director, Pittsburgh Corporate Office - Pittsburgh, PA
Works within a team and independently to provide senior level technical support to properties with operational, lease-up, and compliance issues. In addition, evaluate properties with operational issues, to develop and implement a corrective business plan, and to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the plan.
Ensures that the operations of the property/properties in assigned area of oversight are in compliance with the standards and expectations of Beacon Residential Management (BRM) and other stated guidelines of Beacon Communities. Responsible for supporting adherence to BRM standards and property-specific goals for each assignment. Specific assignments and scope of work are identified in writing by Senior Vice President or Regional Vice President of Property Management.
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Property Management
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Corporate Office (Pittsburgh)
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Property Managers, and property staff to problem-solve operational and/or compliance issues at assigned properties.
- Assist in the evaluation of property operations including policy adherence at assigned properties. Make recommendations to Marketing Director, Regional Vice President, Sr VP and President.
- Offer support in evaluation, planning and execution of property related activities not limited to property operations, lease ups, compliance, and rent collections.
- Manage property lease-ups, assuring that all regulatory requirements are met and that the lease-up happens in accordance with established marketing schedule, plans and partnership agreements. This may include participation in and reporting for transition meetings.
- Conduct periodic physical site inspections and/or file reviews as requested and make recommendations to BRM regional leadership.
- Provide hands-on training to property staff, as appropriate and necessary. Recommend changes at the site level to assure increased effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory compliance for affordable housing programs including, but not limited to HUD financed, Section 8, LIHTC, Bond financed, etc. Must be able to complete file certifications efficiently and independently.
- Ensure that positive, collaborative internal and external relationships are fostered and maintained and that requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement innovative and creative operational plans for properties with occupancy issues, recertification issues, A/R concerns and other operational challenges.
- Complete, as requested, front line and day to day activities as outlined in BRM guidelines, applicable regulatory agreements, and other documented guidelines.
- Assess property issues, develop recommendations, and implement corrective measures.
- Define and solve problems.
- Willing and able to travel throughout the country 50% - 75% of work schedule.
- Work outside normal business hours to respond to the needs of the properties.
- Comprehend and communicate in the English language both orally and in writing.
- Interpret and understand financial information generated from property management software reports.
- Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver’s license).
- Work in a collaborative manner and in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of BRM Standards and model of the BRM Blueprint in practice.
- Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
- Always represent Beacon Communities in a professional manner.
- Articulate and integrate Beacon Communities’ mission, cornerstones, and core values into day-to-day work. Recognize diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as integral components of our culture.
- Hold self and team accountable to fostering and reflecting the core values when working with others and when making business decisions.
- Able to interact effectively with diverse and vulnerable populations who have experienced homelessness.
- Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver's license).
- This position does not have direct reports but may be asked to fill a supervisory role when needed, such as during times of leadership position vacancies.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years experience in housing and/or property management including completion of initial certifications and recertifications for a variety of programs. Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws, including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws
Preferred Qualifications of Position
- Professional certification in property or affordable housing management.
- Five years experience as a supervisor/manager of multi-family housing. Previous property management experience including HUD, Low Income Tax Credits, Rural Housing, and Tax-Exempt Bond properties.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Physical: Must be able to push/pull object less than 30 pounds, walk, climb stairs and enter/exit buildings that are under construction, occasionally, without normal ingress/egress available.
Sensory: Ability to read fine print on documents. Able to speak clearly and make self-understood, while also understanding others using the English language.
Cognitive: Ability to understand and relate to concepts behind specific ideas and remember multiple tasks/assignments given to others over a period of days. Able to concentrate on moderate detail in both office and field with moderate interruption. Able to attend task/function for more than 60 minutes at a time.
Environment: Exposure to different climates. Exposure to dust, dirt, air particles, and hazardous materials common to residential construction sites.
Equipment: Ability to properly operate computers & telephone.
Approximately 50% travel will be required for this role as our portfolio consists of assets throughout New England, New York and the Mid Atlantic.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Corporate Office - Pittsburgh, 429 Fourth Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America