Lead Maintenance Technician
Lead Maintenance Technician, Blue Hills Village - Canton, MA
General Statement of Duties: Independently performs various skilled maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, painting, heating/air issues.
Supervision Received: Reports to Maintenance Team Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised: May manage service requests, delegate tasks, and supervise and direct the work of maintenance staff in the absence and in support of Maintenance and Property Management, if applicable.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Performs all clean out and demo work for turnover related responsibilities once apartments are vacated to ensure make ready status is achieved in a timely manner.
- Performs general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair.
- Schedules and coordinates exterior siding repairs and emergency roof repairs.
- Performs minor repairs to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning units.
- Oversees drywall repairs, painting, and cleaning common areas, and if necessary, performs tasks
- Monitors inventory and purchases of maintenance supplies. Prepares purchase orders, requisitions, and contracts for maintenance equipment, supplies and services. Picks up and delivers supplies using company or personal vehicle.
- Assists with preparation of maintenance budget.
- Oversees and assists with snow removal at any and at all hours.
- Maintains grounds by mowing lawns, pruning trees and shrubs, and removing weeds and debris.
- Performs preventive maintenance and assists in the completion of preventive maintenance schedule.
- Maintains equipment to function properly and comply with all safety standards.
- Assists with schedules and may perform emergency on-call service for after hours maintenance-related issues.
- Assists at other properties in the region as needed.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience:
High School diploma or GED
6+ years of related experience
Advanced knowledge of electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC and/or carpentry
Preferred Education, Training and Experience:
Trade school or college degree
Completion of Greenlight Advanced Maintenance Learning Plan
Qualifications and Skills:
Advanced skill in at least 3 trades (electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC and carpentry, etc.
Skilled with cell phones, computers and tablets.
Availability for on-call activity during off hours for urgent needs.
Ability to speak and understand basic English.
Physical Capabilities: Must live within 30 minutes of the property, unless otherwise approved by management. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb and work on ladders, work with arms raised over head, stand/walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend at waist and knees to lift boxes, appliances, furniture, shovel snow, etc.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Maintenance Technician Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly