Construction Coordinator, The Birches at Saugerties - Saugerties, NY
General Statement of Duties: Acts as a liaison between Residents, Management Office, Development Director and the Construction Company. Performs multiple tasks including: quality control, punch lists, resident notification, resident preparation, key and unit control, changes in scope, and reporting injures. Does best to maintain the physical condition and appearance of the property during construction and overall safety controls for our residents, visitors, and our employees. This individual will work closely with the Property Manager, Resident Services Coordinator, and Maintenance Supervisor to help meet the needs of residents during the construction process.
This position will be the liaison for the rehabilitation of three communities in Ulster County, NY. This is a temporary full time position lasting approximately 14 months.
Supervision Received: Reports to Regional Vice President
Supervision Exercised: Access coordinators and others as required on a temporary basis.
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Work with Development/Construction Team to draft and direct notifications to residents at least 48 hours prior to work
- Coordinate the work of movers hired by the Management Company to pack and relocate resident belongings when necessary
- Stay current with the construction schedule and anticipating the necessary steps in advance of a given unit's rehabilitation. This task involves instructing the resident on which areas of their apartment will need to be boxed/relocated, by what date. This includes follow up with the residents in order for the contractor to be able to perform their work within the units and maintain the overall construction schedule.
- Coordinate the delivery of boxes to residents for storing their personal belongings.
- Work with the Resident Services Coordinator and service providers to offer/provide services to address special needs that might arise during the construction period.
- Coordinate Security schedule and adjust hours/staff based on day to day needs.
- Distribute to and collect keys from Security team daily following key control guidelines
- Monitor vendors to ensure they are meeting or exceeding industry standards and project specifications
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor to maintain property management work flow through the construction process
Education, Training and Experience: Associates Degree or some college preferred. Prefer course work in Property Management, Social Work, Human Services, Construction Management or related field and/or 2+ years' equivalent work experience providing services in a Housing/Multi-Family housing environment or social service organization
Qualifications and Skills: Adequate familiarity with computers and technology. An understanding of mental health, addictions, family issues, multicultural issues and elderly service delivery systems. Self starter with ability to work independently as well as with teams and resident groups. Able and willing to network and work cooperatively with community agencies, vendors, contractors and residents. Ability to work patiently in a fast paced and challenging environment. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Office hours. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. Exact hours and schedule to be determined.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Construction Coordinator Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Self-Development, Planning, Interpersonal Skills, Communication.
Compensation: $19.42 - $26.68 per hour.
Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, qualifications, and geographic location.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Birches at Saugerties, 2950 Route 9W, Saugerties, New York, United States of America