Financial Specialist (DTC)
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
LOCATION: DTC Branch
A Financial Product and Financial Service Sales Specialist opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports; interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities; initiates computer-based credit applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services.
The Take Home:
$2,500 Sign-on Bonus once employed for 90 days!
- Wages begin at $20.00/hour
- Bilingual employees fluent in Spanish & English earn an extra $1–$1.50/hour
- Position eligible for monthly incentives
- Benefit eligible:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Up to 8% 401(k) employer match
- Education benefits like Student Loan Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Auto & Mortgage Loan Discounts
- Paid Holidays & Time-Off
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 2 years sales experience and 3 years customer service and/or demonstrated sales ability in Bellco required
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Ideally You Have:
- Loan experience preferred,
- Demonstrated abilities related to sales and achievement of sales goals,
- Proven ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products,
- Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone,
- Ability to enter data and update member financial records accurately and efficiently via computer terminal,
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Most of the day-to-day you’ll work towards:
- Deepening member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
- Contributing to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
- Understanding and communicating key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services including the various types of loan and deposit products.
- Communicating key mortgage product features including LTV, discount points and rate bumps escrows, mortgage insurance, etc.
- Accessing member accounts to accurately perform all branch financial service transactions
- Opening new accounts and identifying financial product and service needs.
- Accurately entering and completing transactions including loan applications in Bellco systems.
- Adhering to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately completing loan closing documents; disburse loans as required.
- Analyzing credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
- Understanding and effectively implementing all appropriate regulations.
- May also be called upon to accurately perform any branch duties.
This job posting does not contain the full job description, focusing primarily on the highlights. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
What to expect:
- Office environment
- Standing for long periods of time
- May require changes in hours to meet business needs
- Use of online computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer, ATM, check signer, check scanner, and security alarms
Your candidacy will be evaluated based on your eligibility and qualifications. Thank you for your interest!
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- DTC South Branch, 7275 S Havana Street, Englewood, Colorado, United States of America