East Los Angeles, 3626 E 1st St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
The position of Relationship Banker reports to the Branch Manager. You will develop new and existing business and consumer banking relationships by actively sourcing new business from prospective clients and by contacting existing clients to retain and expand banking relationships, to meet or exceed assigned goals. This position is a unionized position through the Communication Workers of America.
Sales and Networking
- You will grow new business by sourcing and researching prospects, organizations, and centers of influence; expand existing business by identifying clients to contact, planning and executing business development activities consisting of calling on existing and potential clients, both in person and by phone.
- You will actively assess clients' financial information by completing a Needs Assessment to determine their current and future financial needs. Summarize and discuss the opportunities uncovered, recommend, present and offer appropriate bank products and services.
- Coach and collaborate with Customer Service Representatives to identify referral opportunities on products, programs, and service
- Deliver an extraordinary clients experience based on the process and protocols established by the Branch and Retail Banking
- Reviews new and existing customer-related daily reports such as the closed account report, new account report, CD maturity report, and the CD projected maturity report monthly
- Proactively assess customers financial information by completing a Needs Assessment to determine total current and future financial needs
- Recommends, present and sell appropriate products and services identified through the Needs Assessment process
- Refers customer as necessary to the Senior Relationship Banker, Branch Manager, or appropriate department to cross-sell corresponding services or products
- If it becomes necessary to conduct Teller transactions, ensure operational procedures are being followed, maintain the cash drawer within prescribed limits, and meet cash balancing requirements. Leverage transactions to identify Cross sell, new customer acquisition, and Referral opportunities.
- If it becomes necessary, provide back-up or coverage for critical operational tasks and activities
- Opens new safe deposit boxes for customer (if applicable)
- Exemplify and deliver the Bank’s mission, vision, values, goals, and culture through your personal behavior, decision making, and value provided to customers.
- Responsible for adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality
- Ensure customer information meets all bank and regulatory documentation
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and internal company policies, including but not limited to BSA / Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, Privacy, and Anti-Discrimination, to the extent each applies to current job responsibilities
- Completes all online compliance training as assigned within specified due dates
- High School diploma or equivalent work-related experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience or commensurate training in retail activities, including sales and cash handling
- Must possess positive and professional customer service and sales skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Windows environment
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties
- Experience and knowledge in management and branch operations
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations and other Bank operational policies
- Ability to deal with routine problem involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations
- Must exercise accuracy, alertness, good judgment, initiative, courtesy, tact and patience in dealing with customers, both internal and external, as well as vendors/suppliers used by the Bank
- Thorough knowledge of all retails products and services
- Proven customer services, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze customer credit data and other related financial information
- Previous experience in a financial sales representative-oriented role
- Current Driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
This posting is inactive.