Human Resources Business Partner
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
ABOUT BENEFICIAL STATE BANK
Beneficial State is a little different. We were created to prove that banking could be materially better – more sustainable. More inclusive. More transformational. More accountable. While some banks have philanthropic arms, we have a philanthropic hear. We are owned by nonprofit entities that invest in low-income communities, social equity activities, and environmental sustainability. Beneficial State Foundation is our primary equity holder. Our charter precludes us from lending ANY money to special interests that are “contra mission,” such as fossil fuels, private prisons, weapons manufacturing, or fracking.
The bank also practices radical transparency, sharing our results, successes, failures, strategies, and learnings, so that other banks may follow our model and benefit from our insights. Our impact and awards tell our story for us. As of the end of 2020, we had over $270MM in loans to nonprofits, and over 75% of our lending portfolio was committed to mission-aligned applications. Since opening our doors in 2007, we have financed over 10,000 affordable housing units, helping to address the housing crisis that plagues our Pacific Coast cities. The Global Alliance for Banking on Values graded 84% of our loan portfolio as “triple bottom line” – serving people, planet, and prosperity. We once again received a CRA rating of “outstanding,” demonstrating our commitment to meeting the needs of our communities. Even through the pandemic we have been growing our impact. We are now over $1.5B in assets and anticipate our growth to continue or accelerate well into 2030.
Beneficial State Bank (Beneficial State) is a state-chartered, federally insured bank with Branches in California, Oregon, and Washington. The bank’s unique ownership structure supports our impact commitments. We are a founding signatory of the UN’s Principles for Responsible Banking, a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, and one of the world’s top-rated Certified B Corporates, awarded B Corp “Best for the World” status every year since 2012. We recommend that any business seeking to become more purpose-driven and be a force for good take advantage of B Lab’s resources and third-party assessment framework and support our clients in their endeavors to build their impact and achieve their B Corp certification. Together, we are the solution. Learn more about our impact on our Foundation’s impact site.
ABOUT BENEFICIAL STATE HUMAN CAPITAL
The Beneficial State Bank Human Capital function is evolving, and this is an opportunity to help us align strategic objectives with teams and leadership, while helping to design and implement processes and programs that allow us to scale for the future.
If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will help build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
Reporting directly to the EVP, Human Capital, the Human Capital Business Partner (HCBP) will help to implement programs and services crafted to build organizational capacity, ensuring alignment with operational objectives. This role will work closely with teams to strengthen relationships, build engagement, and increase retention. The HCBP will manage and resolve complex employee and labor relations issues when they arise.
The ideal person for this role is a natural relationship-builder who will form strong connections built on trust within our small but mighty Human Capital team and across the organization. You are an excellent communicator, who listens to learn and communicates authentically – both verbally and in writing. You see tough conversations as opportunities. You are analytical and use data to identify trends, build cases and develop recommendations. You are a problem solver and possess a proven track record of partnering and influencing key stakeholders to drive necessary change. You are comfortable coaching for growth and development and to resolve tension. You are objective and strive to engage different perspectives throughout the decision-making process, embedding equity and inclusion in everything you do.
The position of Human Capital Business Partner is not responsible for direct supervision but does assist with training and coaching activities across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with experience in industrial/organizational psychology, organizational behavior, or organizational development preferred.
- 5 years of comprehensive HR experience with knowledge of multiple functions, including organizational development; employee and labor relations; compensation; diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 2 years of experience working in an organization with collective bargaining agreements.
- Thorough understanding of employment and labor laws, regulations and guidelines (including but not limited to ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, NLRA, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, leaders, and external partners.
- Diligent with strong organizational skills; proven track record of adapting to ambiguity or changing priorities.
- Experience in a multi-state operating environment preferred.
- Professional certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,698.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,652.00
- East Los Angeles, 3626 E 1st St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Fresno, 170 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, California, United States of America
- MLK, 2002 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Oakland, 1438 Webster St Ste 100, Oakland, California, United States of America
- PAE, 151 SW First Ave Ste 201, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Pearl, 430 NW 10th Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Porterville, 268 N Main St, Porterville, California, United States of America
- Rose City, 5636 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Seattle, 1501 E Madison St., Suite 100, Seattle, Washington, United States of America