Consumer Loan Servicing Representative I
Porterville, 268 N Main St, Porterville, California, United States of America
Saturday, September 2, 2023
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
The Consumer Loan Servicing Representative I handle a variety of inbound and outbound calls in a prompt and courteous manner by providing an outstanding customer service responds to customers, non-customers, bank personnel, management, and the general public. Other responsibilities include resolving delinquent accounts, negotiating payment arrangements, reviewing accounts for repossession, and skip tracing.
This position is a unionized position through the Communication Workers of America.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships with all contacts, customers, and potential customers
- Performs as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow
- Answering co-worker questions
- Collects customer payments in accordance to their due dates and assists with payment due date changes
- Familiarizes with Beneficial Bank Policies
- Promotes the Bank’s products and services and consistently cross-sell products in every opportunity
- Makes every effort to resolve customer problems
- Solicits for new loans
- Reviews open accounts for collection, repossession, and identifies source of attributions to account delinquency
- Works with peers and Management to minimize delinquency, charge-off, and maintains quantity without sacrificing quality
- Reviews and monitors any assigned accounts and collection reports
- Identifies opportunities for account recourse and skip trace to locate customer
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of FDCPA and Truth and Lending and all TRC training
- Generates outbound calls with delinquent borrowers who are considered high-risk or with associated third parties
- Uses payment strategies to resolve customer delinquency
- Records information about financial status of customers and collection efforts
- Works on assigned welcome list
- Requests field visits and remove alerts when appropriate
- Submits repossession assignment and assists with cancellation of repossession as needed
- Provides timely follow-up on payment arrangement
- Reviews accounts for legal
- Review emails
- Review accounts for Due date changes, skip a pay, PICL and other programs offered by the bank
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and internal company policies, including but not limited to BSA / Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, Privacy, and Anti-Discrimination, to the extent each applies to current job responsibilities
- Completes all online compliance training as assigned within specified due dates
- High School Diploma or of equivalent education; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years in a call center environment with collections, skip tracing, and previous loan collection experience preferably in a financial institution
- Knowledge of bank operations, retail banking products, and banking regulations pertaining to financial transactions; prior experience and knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft application: Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Solid math skills and bookkeeping abilities preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
This posting is inactive.