Program Manager, Learning & Development
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
Reporting directly to the EVP, Human Capital, the L&D Program Manager will lead our organization's training and professional development initiatives. You work closely with managers and employees to strengthen relationships, build engagement, and increase retention through learning. You build content, implement and deliver technical training, leadership development, and functional learning programs crafted to grow organizational capacity and help team members achieve their highest potential.
The ideal person for this role is a strategic problem solver who loves to build from scratch. You are an excellent communicator, who listens to learn and communicates authentically – both verbally and in writing. A natural collaborator, you partner cross-functionally to assess training needs and develop creative and engaging learning solutions that align with Beneficial State’s values and strategic objectives.
You are analytical and use data to identify trends, build cases and develop recommendations. You are objective and strive to engage different perspectives throughout the decision-making process, embedding equity and inclusion in everything you do.
- Collaborates with leadership to define a learning and development strategy that supports business objectives and champions a culture of continuous learning.
- Assesses training needs in partnership with Human Capital and department managers.
- Develops comprehensive training materials, courses, and resources that address skill gaps and support career progression.
- Crafts engaging and effective training materials, including e-learning modules, videos, and other resources.
- Incorporates interactive and experiential learning techniques to improve engagement and knowledge retention.
- Facilitates training sessions as needed using a variety of delivery methods, ensuring content is tailored to different learning styles and levels of expertise.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with external vendors to ensure timely delivery, quality training materials and associated services aligned with our business needs.
- Partners with the Learning Management System (LMS) administrator, ensuring it is user-friendly, up-to-date, and aligned with organizational objectives.
- Stays up to date with the latest trends in learning technologies and tools using technology to deliver innovative and efficient learning solutions.
- Coordinates and schedules training programs, workshops, and events, considering logistics, participant availability, and organizational priorities.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and external vendors to deliver niche training content.
- Assesses and evaluates the efficiency of training programs through feedback, assessment results, and key performance indicators.
- Continuously improves training offerings based on participant feedback and evolving business needs.
- Communicate results keeping managers and leadership abreast of training activities, program developments, and resource utilization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The L&D Program Manager is not responsible for the supervision of team members but leads training and coaching activities across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or related field.
- 5 years of proven experience designing, delivering, and handling learning and development programs.
- Prior experience in the banking or financial services industry preferred.
- Prior knowledge of learning management technology required. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate optimally with both business and technical teams.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,698.00
- Max Hiring Rate $110,652.00
- East Los Angeles, 3626 E 1st St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Fresno, 170 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, California, United States of America
- MLK, 2002 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Oakland, 1438 Webster St Ste 100, Oakland, California, United States of America
- PAE, 151 SW First Ave Ste 201, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Pearl, 430 NW 10th Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Porterville, 268 N Main St, Porterville, California, United States of America
- Rose City, 5636 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Roseville, 3400 Douglas Blvd #265, Roseville, California, United States of America
- Seattle, 1501 E Madison St., Suite 100, Seattle, Washington, United States of America