Senior Business Systems Analyst
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst, reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, will play a meaningful role in designing and implementing the bank’s core technology solutions and related technologies (Currently Fiserv DNA/Architect). This position will serve as the internal liaison between the technology providers, ensuring that core functionality, configurations, and settings are improved, and the technology is fully leveraged. You will coordinate all communications issues and improvements with core application vendors and effectively handle open tickets to resolution. The Senior Banking Systems Analyst operates as a first line in resolving internal core support requests and serves as the functional specialist for testing and change management protocols. Additionally, you will work closely with key business units to improve core usability, while encouraging a productive, efficient, and proactively maintained relationship with the core system provider.
You will leverage your in-depth understanding of Fiserv DNA processes, workflow, and data structures to drive the analysis, design, and implementation of innovative solutions that meet business needs. Your expertise in translating business requirements into effective technical solutions will play a crucial role in optimizing our operations and improving our technology capabilities.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will analyze business processes, capture and document requirements, and translate them into effective technological configurations. Your expertise will play a crucial role in ensuring that our systems and applications align with industry regulations, enhance customer experiences, and drive operational efficiency.
- Handles and implements core system change control, maintenance, and configurations.
- Provides systems support for core and related applications.
- Tracks and resolves core case management issues with internal business units.
- Acts as a liaison between core system providers and internal staff.
- Supports and maintains third-party integrations with core systems.
- Creates, updates, and maintains documentation of core operating procedures and best practices.
- Assists CTO in the support and maintenance of strategic short- and long-range plans for the department.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates user needs to configure core technology to support overall business strategies.
- Creates clear and comprehensive documentation, including specifications, process flows, and change control.
- Ensure core solutions are aligned with industry best practices, security standards, and regulatory requirements in the banking sector.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, Operations, and project management, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and meet business objectives.
- Develops scenarios and test plans to ensure that systems and applications are thoroughly tested. Identify and resolve defects as needed to ensure quality standards are met.
- Stays up to date on product requirements, changes in industry regulations and compliance requirements. Ensure that proposed solutions align with relevant regulations, data privacy standards, and security protocols.
- Identifies opportunities for process optimization and automation within the bank operations. Propose and implement changes that enhance efficiency, reduce risk, and improve business unit satisfaction.
- Provides training and support to end users to facilitate a smooth transition and adoption of new core processes and tools.
- Effectively communicates technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to configure system solutions that support overall business strategy.
- Collects and documents functional requirements as needed for configuration, workflow, and testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accurately performs core system configurations and maintenance.
- Maintains optimal performance of core system.
- Provides timely response to system and user issues.
- Knowledgeable in core system and ancillary applications.
- Cross-trains in system management.
- Minimizes downtime in information systems.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is not responsible for the supervision of employees but does assist with training and coaching activities across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience (4-7 years) as a Business Systems Analyst in the banking or financial services industry.
- Prior experience with Fiserv DNA required.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, regulatory compliance, and industry trends.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate optimally with both business and technical teams.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and make sound decisions.
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $100,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,000.00
- East Los Angeles, 3626 E 1st St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Fresno, 170 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, California, United States of America
- MLK, 2002 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Oakland, 1438 Webster St Ste 100, Oakland, California, United States of America
- PAE, 151 SW First Ave Ste 201, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Pearl, 430 NW 10th Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Porterville, 268 N Main St, Porterville, California, United States of America
- Rose City, 5636 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Roseville, 3400 Douglas Blvd #265, Roseville, California, United States of America
- Seattle, 1501 E Madison St., Suite 100, Seattle, Washington, United States of America