VP, Human Capital Operations and Total Compensation Manager
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
ABOUT BENEFICIAL STATE BANK
Beneficial State is a little different. We were created to prove that banking could be materially better – more sustainable. More inclusive. More transformational. More accountable. While some banks have philanthropic arms, we have a philanthropic hear. We are owned by nonprofit entities that invest in low-income communities, social equity activities, and environmental sustainability. Beneficial State Foundation is our primary equity holder. Our charter precludes us from lending ANY money to special interests that are “contra mission,” such as fossil fuels, private prisons, weapons manufacturing, or fracking.
The bank also practices radical transparency, sharing our results, successes, failures, strategies, and learnings, so that other banks may follow our model and benefit from our insights. Our impact and awards tell our story for us. At of the end of 2020, we had over $270MM in loans to nonprofits, and over 75% of our lending portfolio was committed to mission-aligned applications. Since opening our doors in 2007, we have financed over 10,000 affordable housing units, helping to address the housing crisis that plagues our Pacific Coast cities. The Global Alliance for Banking on Values graded 84% of our loan portfolio as “triple bottom line” – serving people, planet, and prosperity. We once again received a CRA rating of “outstanding,” demonstrating our commitment to meeting the needs of our communities. Even through the pandemic we have been growing our impact. We are now over $1.5B in assets and anticipate our growth to continue or accelerate well into 2030.
Beneficial State Bank (Beneficial State) is a state-chartered, federally insured bank with Branches in California, Oregon, and Washington. The bank’s unique ownership structure supports our impact commitments. We are a founding signatory of the UN’s Principles for Responsible Banking, a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, and one of the world’s top-rated Certified B Corporates, awarded B Corp “Best for the World” status every year since 2012. We recommend that any business seeking to become more purpose-driven and be a force for good take advantage of B Lab’s resources and third-party assessment framework and support our clients in their endeavors to build their impact and achieve their B Corp certification. Together, we are the solution. Learn more about our impact on our Foundation’s impact site.
ABOUT BENEFICIAL STATE HUMAN CAPITAL
The Beneficial State Bank Human Capital function is evolving, and this is an opportunity to help us align business objectives with employees and management, while helping to design and implement processes and programs that will help us scale for the future. If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will help build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
Beneficial State Bank is embarking on a transformational journey. This exciting period of growth brings with it a need for strategic vision and operational acumen. Reporting directly to the EVP, Human Capital, the VP, Human Capital Operations and Total Compensation Manager will help the Bank effectively scale and innovate our people operations, while helping to ensure we maintain a best-in-class total rewards program. The incumbent will effectively manage all aspects of People Operations including HR systems, total compensation programs, talent acquisition, learning & development to ensure operational efficiency, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and an enjoyable user experience. Leads and coaches our small but mighty People Ops team.
The ideal candidate for this role is a systems thinker who understands that Human Capital Operations are an integral part of our organization. You are an analytical thinker that uses data to identify trends, build business cases and develop recommendations. You are committed to constant evaluation and improvement in all that you do. You are a collaborator who is comfortable working in partnerships with functional leaders to develop and drive people initiatives that support the Bank’s strategic vision and are rooted in our mission.
The position of VP, Human Capital and Total Compensation Manager is responsible for the supervision of employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ten (10) years of experience in progressive roles focused on all aspects of total compensation programs, including benefits, 401k administration and HRIS administration.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience that demonstrate an ability to delegate, motivate, coach and mentor.
- Ability to lead while maintaining the ability to and passion for rolling up your sleeves.
- Prior experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
- Prior experience with salary.com compensation and job description tools preferred.
- Prior experience with M.I.T’s Living Wage preferred.
- Prior experience in a certified B Corp preferred.
- Prior experience in a union-represented environment preferred.
- Previous demonstrated experience leading and managing projects.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to use data to create business cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively navigate formal and information communication and decision-making channels and influence change as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, leaders, and external stakeholders to establish and achieve common goals.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated track record of adapting to ambiguity or changing priorities.
BENEFITS: What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $105,019.00
- Max Hiring Rate $151,227.00
- East Los Angeles, 3626 E 1st St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Fresno, 170 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, California, United States of America
- MLK, 2002 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Oakland, 1438 Webster St Ste 100, Oakland, California, United States of America
- PAE, 151 SW First Ave Ste 201, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Pearl, 430 NW 10th Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Porterville, 268 N Main St, Porterville, California, United States of America
- Rose City, 5636 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Roseville, 3400 Douglas Blvd #265, Roseville, California, United States of America
- Seattle, 1501 E Madison St., Suite 100, Seattle, Washington, United States of America