We are looking for a qualified candidate to motivate and train carrier force to provide good service while increasing circulation and attaining collection goals. This individual will assist in maintaining overall distribution center operations and be responsible for achieving consistent, proper and on-time delivery to newspaper subscribers daily. Supervisor handles customer’s problems and service requests to the customer's satisfaction, collects all open routes and collect payments from carriers and customers, and trains carriers to assure every possible chance of success.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
*THIS IS A SALARIED NIGHT POSITION**
• Must be in generally good physical condition. Candidate should be free of leg and back medical conditions. • Must be able to lift 40 lbs., • Must be able to bend and stoop to lift bundles.
• Must be able to push and pull carts of papers that could weigh over 1000 lbs.
• Must be able to walk with 30 lbs. in each hand to move bundles of papers.
• Must be able to assist with the unloading of trucks with up to 4000 bundles of papers daily or as needed.
• Must be able to handle delivery of open routes, getting in and out of the car, walking, handling steps and maneuver on average 3 to 4 flights of steps while delivering apartment complexes. Normal RTD route delivery is 2-3 hours, TMC/Sunday Direct normal route delivery is 4 to 5 hours. District Supervisor may be required to enter and exit a vehicle 200 - 300 times per day.
• Should be able to stand in the warehouse on concrete floors for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
• Should have no trouble reading list of addresses, numbers and following a map.
• Must have good oral communications and good command of the English language to communicate with customers.
• Computer skills.
• Be able to understand and operate an Smartphone(i.e.: IPhone)
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Pay Type Salary
- Richmond, VA, USA