GC&E Systems Group is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the installation of cabling infrastructure. The Project Manager is responsible for complete cabling installation and supervision of assigned cabling crews on all projects assigned to them.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review of project scope, preliminary schedule, labor allotment and all other details with operations management and sales/account manager prior to start of the project.
- Contact with customers and/or general contractor personnel on site.
- Arrange any access, personnel ID, parking/deliveries, storage and working hour’s requirements.
- Scheduling tasks and managing assigned manpower as needed to insure efficient and productive installation.
- Requesting and securing all necessary materials as outlined on the BOM for the project on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for securing all tooling and special equipment as needed to proceed with installation.
- Communicate any problems and resolutions as encountered with operations management and salesperson.
- Follow and enforce all safety programs, safety equipment needs and requirements, hold on-site safety meetings and distribute information as outlined by operations management.
- Daily check of installation tasks for quality control, codes/standards requirements and aesthetic quality.
- Track and obtain inspections as required by low-voltage permitting jurisdiction.
- Insure knowledge of all testing and documentation requirements and provide timely turn-in to operations management of test results, as-built drawings, daily log records and other requirements as necessary.
- Structured cabling installation, all media, in new and existing buildings.
- Ability to understand and follow base building and electrical blueprints.
- Lead and manage installation crew efficiently to maximize profitability.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and documenting cable installations and telephony systems.
- Build out of Telecom and Equipment rooms.
- Adherence to BICSI standards, NEC, and local codes.
- Interface with customer contacts in a professional manner.
- Maintain updated documentation of current projects, labor hours, material, etc.
- Report any project changes, issues, or concerns to assigned contacts.
- Conduct site surveys.
- Attend project planning and progress meetings as needed.
- Full knowledge of EIA/TIA cabling standards NEC codes as applicable to cabling
- Full knowledge of fire stopping requirements and applications
- Be able to field design and engineer wide variety of installation details.
- Must understand and operate copper and fiber certification test equipment.
- Excellent supervisory and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must able familiar with all aspects of low voltage cabling installation and termination
- Pass all company screening requirements and maintain valid driver’s license
- 1-2 years’ experience as a successful Lead Technician
- Comprehensive safety training as needed for jobsite conditions
- Prefer vendor design and/or installer certifications
- Prefer BICSI Technician certification
- Moderate PC skills in Excel, Word, and MS Project.
- Certified in use of personnel lifts
- Certified in use of powder actuated tools
- Prefer confined space entry certification
GC&E Systems Group, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, LTD & STD, company paid life insurance, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
It is the policy of GC&E Systems Group, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Pay Type Salary
- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA