Animal Control Technician
SpecPro Professional Services (SPS) is seeking an animal control technician to support the animal control services at Fort Irwin, CA. The technician will provide for the humane care, temporary housing and final disposition of stray animals at Fort Irwin and the National Training Center. Stray animals covered under this work include cats, dogs, and other domestic pets. Project area services shall be within the Fort Irwin military reservation boundaries and Army/Fort Irwin managed facilities at Barstow Daggett Airfield and the Barstow Outreach Center located in the town of Barstow, CA, including Military Family Housing on Fort Irwin and excluding Goldstone managed facilities. The project area includes extreme environmental conditions at times.
- Responds to stray animal calls within 15 minutes.
- Uses appropriate methods and techniques to capture stray animals.
- Conduct humane trapping activities for stray animals.
- Patrols Fort Irwin cantonment area 1-2 times during shift for stray animals.
- Scan animals for microchips.
- Cleans/disinfects stray animal control vehicles.
- Stray animals shall within 24 hours vaccinate and conduct a basic health exam.
- Operates the stray animal control facility.
- Cleans and disinfects the animal control facility at a minimum of 3 times a week.
- Clean cages, floors, dishes, toys, litter pans, and laundry in accordance with Fort Irwin cleaning and disinfection protocol.
- Ensure outdoor areas around the facility are kept clean to include removing feces and pulling weeds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Animal care experience
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to canvass on foot for 30 minutes
- Valid Driver’s License
- Rabies Vaccinations/Titers
- Knowledge of DoD policies and other regulations governing the safety of animal control programs
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions
- Favorable background check
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Irwin, CA, USA