SpecPro Professional Services (SPS) is seeking a Data Analyst to support the Air Force Civil Engineer Center’s Asset Management Framework managed out of AFCEC/CP. The Air Force is working to mature its Asset Management processes, procedures, and strategies to an end-state that optimizes life-cycle management while balancing risk and fiscal constraints. The successful candidates will be part of the SPS team providing innovative solutions to execute the programs above. This position will serve the Built Infrastructure team and work alongside several other Air Force Product Lines supporting Real Property Asset Management.
The role will include supporting the Air Force Activity Managers and Sub-Activity Managers with the management of the specific asset product line and the development of asset management principles and execution of the requirement development and validation process.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) with experience and proven skills in interpreting, analysis, reporting, design, development, integration, training, testing, documentation, and implementation of key data from Accountable Property Systems of Record (APSR) and information therein.
- Analyze built infrastructure data, aggregate requirements, assess asset performance predictions from Sustainment Management Systems (SMS), analyze statistics and trends across portfolios, validate data, perform data management, compile other summarizing reports for each Activity Management Plan (AMP) portfolio, and recommend enhancements to processes.
- Support integration of multiple database tools including socialization of data tool capabilities, development of learning aids for tool implementation, development of dashboard exports to align with reporting cycles for senior leader briefings, incorporation of user feedback, collaboration for development and tracking of metrics for performance, and application of analytics to dashboard tools and integration.
- Work directly with the Real Property Asset Management Team to provide analysis of associated databases for requirements validation research, verification of requirement entry matches in databases, awareness of requirement changes from previous years, and reporting and visualization of associated metrics such as cost, term lengths, status updates, and trend identification.
- Perform management of large dataset APSR information compilation, reporting and application, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations.
- Assist with Real Property requirement submission, description, justification, categorization improvement and streamlining, validation tool development input, testing and use, and other process improvement support and coordination with other business areas such as facilities, housing & dorms, technology investment, etc.
- Improve data confidence within SMS and other Civil Engineer IT systems through quality assurance checks, data reviews, and ensuring corrections and updates occur.
- Facilitate resolution to challenging technical and programmatic issues.
- Develop informative, professional graphs, charts, datasets, and comparative analysis.
- Generate finished product reports and presentations for appropriate stakeholders.
- Travel to various USAF installations to provide training and perform data quality analysis as a part of Asset Management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in STEM field such as math, statistics, data analyst, data science, engineering, IT, or computer science.
- 0-2 years of related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience working with databases preferred.
- Understanding of Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) and able to tell the story within the data to technical and non-technical professionals.
- Work well in a team environment, able to independently develop professional deliverables and take direction well.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop graphs, charts, datasets, and comparative analysis.
- Ability to adapt and develop innovative solutions.
- Understanding of cross-functional span of control over various specialties and fields.
- Experienced in Air Force SMS Systems such as BUILDER, PAVER, GeoBase/GIS, etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization, preferably in Tableau, Excel, Python, or similar software.
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning such as Linear and Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, PCA, and Random Forest Modeling in Python or R coding languages.
- Knowledge of SQL and database querying.
- Experience with Air Force database structures including APSR, ACES-RP, NexGenIT, and other data bases.
- Experience in a customer service, contractor environment.
- Air Force experience preferred.
- A background in engineering, math, statistics, data analysis, information systems, planning, or investment.
- An existing NAC-I clearance or ability to receive clearance.
- Position may require Secret Clearance.
The position will support a mixed government – contractor environment in Panama City, FL or San Antonio, TX. Working remotely also considered for fully qualified candidate. This position requires the ability to receive a NAC-I clearance.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Antonio, TX, USA