Inspector General (IG) Support
STS Systems Support, LLC (SSS) is seeking an Inspector General (IG) Support individual who shall provide IG support to execute tasks of the wing and host installation exercise program, wing leadership, commanders/directors, and managers of assigned organizations. Specific tasks include the following:
Active TS/SCI required
- Develop exercise objectives in support of long and short-range goals, correlating the requirements of interdependent functional areas, and providing comprehensive and timely guidance for all units.
- Review the adequacy and currency of installation exercise policy guidance and instructions, and updates as necessary to incorporate program changes or to address areas where improvement is required. Periodically evaluates and revises local plans and checklists to ensure sufficient
- Ensures exercise evaluators are trained in requirements, and assigns technical projects/tasks to team members.
- Coordinate the actions of exercise evaluators, providing appropriate guidance and control over exercise planning, conduct, execution, and critique processes. Develop exercise scenarios to ensure unit emergency action and war plans are current, supportable, coordinated, and non- conflicting.
- Participate in tabletop or full-scale readiness and disaster exercises to test plans and ensure they are realistic and meet objectives. Identify resources (i.e., personnel, financial, and material) required to accomplish exercise goals. Apply qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques that frequently require modification to fit a wide range of variables. Refine existing work methods and techniques for application to the analysis of specific issues or resolution of problems. As required, develop new procedures that can furnish information concerning inadequacies. Monitor program milestones, accomplishments, resource requirements, and progress. Participate in the development of plans designed to systematically educate leadership on the exercise process. Lead preparation of reports on the progress of the exercise process and provides briefings to leadership and senior staff as required.
- Formulate and execute exercise scenarios relevant to the primary mission of the 67 CW, the host base wing (502 ABW), and the supporting Geographically Separated Units (GSUs) as required, as well as in conjunction with Numbered Air Force exercise planners to meet MAJCOM and combatant command force-wide exercise requirements. Apply an extensive knowledge of installation operations to direct complex strategic planning efforts, and utilizes qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques that frequently require modification to fit a wide range of variables. Analyze exercise objectives and assess installation and wing responsibilities to provide input to the preparation and maintenance of operational, contingency, and mobilization plans. Perform thorough analysis of unit capabilities versus mission requirements to determine the most efficient exercise scenarios that minimize costs and maximize unit readiness. Conduct comprehensive in-depth review of fluctuating operations plans, and incorporate continuing changes into the exercise concept. Coordinate and work closely with leadership and subordinate units to develop exercise-training objectives that correspond to mission requirements. Ensure the development of realistic, integrated, large-scale training exercises to fully evaluate contingency and wartime readiness. Formulate exercise schedules and scenarios; weighs cost, resources, and feedback to develop exercise strategies; and ensures adherence to agency, MAJCOM, and NAF directives. Manage complex programs/projects, plans, and identify difficult issues requiring modification to existing policies or processes; perform analysis for potential mission impact; develop alternatives and/or resolutions to deficiencies; and negotiate conflicting positions to ensure consensus from senior leaders. Perform follow-up to determine effectiveness of actions and progress in correcting discrepancies. Integrate strategic plans with the mandates of the DoD and AF Mission Essential Tasks (MET), Enhanced Status of Resource and Training System (ESORTS), Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS), and C4ISR Infrastructure Planning System (CIP). Devise and establish metrics and analysis systems for assigned units to assess the use and value of planning elements. Interface directly with MAJCOM, Air Staff, external agencies, commanders, and other leaders for all plans and issues having an impact on assigned units. Report conventional and expeditionary readiness, and appraises corrective actions for identified deficiencies.
- Work with organizations to identify specific requirements for funds, manpower, material, facilities, and services to support diverse exercises, and implement strategies to support future exercise plans and projects. Studies and recommends resolutions for wide-ranging problems, which may impact the overall mission of the 67 CW. As directed, forms ad hoc study groups and/or Integrated Product Teams composed of professional, administrative, and technical experts; define study objectives, direct the effort, evaluate and implement the results.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with DoD/IG, SAF/IG, MAJCOM staffs, and installation leadership at all levels on matters concerning 67 CW exercises. Represents the IG at conferences, meetings, seminars, briefings, and other official functions. The contractor shall provide advice to the 67 CW/CC and IG on exercise policy matters, with special emphasis on intelligence oversight, emerging technology exercise criteria, and offensive/defensive cyberspace operations. Develop, coordinate, and brief exercise results via After Action Report within 3 days after the conclusion of the exercise or at the availability of senior leadership. Meet with internal/external key customers and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and recommend solutions for any significant problems that arise. Participate in special projects, initiatives, and perform special assignments. Identify the need for special projects and initiate milestones and goals. Determine appropriate recommendations for unresolved or questionable problems and perform follow-up. Research and determine or recommend appropriate actions or interpretation of issues that impact organization, installation, command, or agency.
- Pay Type Salary
- Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX, USA