Computer System Support Specialist III*
Vista Defense Technologies (VDT), LLC is seeking a Computer Systems Support Specialist (Level III) located Schofield Barracks, HI
Our experienced candidate will possess the ability to process and respond to user-submitted work orders involving:
- Assessment and solution of various ranges of systems support issues.
- Support of authorized software and hardware products.
- Skillfully guiding users through problem resolution.
- Set up, image or repair of authorized computer equipment and related devices.
- Training users to utilize new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email.
- Response to critical systems security events.
- Education of supported users to promote complete mitigation of systems vulnerabilities consistent with risk management framework objectives.
- Triage of inbound user work orders arriving through the user work-order portal within the SLA (Service Level Agreement) of the contracted services.
- Effective use of remote systems management tools.
- Site visits to provide touch labor.
- NIPR and SIPR account management creation, modification, maintenance, and disposition.
- Installation of approved software within the authorized and supported user group.
- Software packages for deployment through "push" methodologies.
- Preparation and execution of delivering software updates, security updates, vendor patches (service packs, service releases), etc. to end user devices.
- User assistance in determining service requirements and developing appropriate technical specifications that are consistent with user needs.
- Provision of advice regarding available automation functions, integrating requirements with existing capabilities, communication requirements, control and administration of systems, types of information management systems, operating systems, equipment, and infrastructure compatibility.
- Recommendations on approved equipment and software.
- Configuration of end user and network devices to include computers, printers, laptops, scanners, PDAs, and other hardware associated with the authorized hardware list.
- Installation of new computers per the customers’ Life Cycle Replacement Policy.
- All aspect of support for secure and non-secure video teleconference events.
- Provisioning and maintenance of on-premises VIOP phone systems.
- Light network connectivity and cabling.
- Performance of all technical support center tasks as defined and directed by C4IM Program Manager.
- Provide systems support advice and assistance to all authorized users at each locality. This support may be direct touch labor or direct remote support.
- Provide prophylactic strategies to guard and maintain all user-supported assets against internal and external risks and threats.
- Extend the intent of the client’s security regulations through continual vigilance and actions to protect all assets.
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity and user account problems.
- Provide support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers’ ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Add, delete, manage, and review user accounts, access, and logins IAW local policies. Upon U.S. Government (USG) personnel approval, remove inactive accounts as needed.
- Remove or disable all default, guest, and service accounts in information system or network devices and rename administrative accounts as applicable per local network policy and U.S. Government codified guidance.
- Attend Information Management Officer Classes or meetings when offered by the local supporting Signal Command.
- Maintain authorized patches on desktop personal computers (PCs).
- Install and maintain Microsoft Office Suite, command specific applications software and hardware on PCs as required.
- Install new hardware products, peripherals and equipment; VTC hardware/printers/laptops/servers.
- Control current versions and future releases of applications and operating system software per local Signal Command guidance.
- Ensure current anti-virus (AV) engines and definitions are current, and report discrepancies to the Brigade, Battalion, and LRC S6 personnel.
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks. Report all major security issues to the COR or Brigade/Battalion/LRC S6.
- Prepare and establishes network access protocols to enable end users to gain local access.
- Where requested, provide VTC Support at the customer facility to schedule classified and unclassified VTCs, maintain VTC schedules, maintain and configure video teleconferencing equipment, and interface with the customer and remote organizations to ensure seamless VTC operations.
- Deliver all aspects of support service with respect and responsibility recognizing and critical nature of the mission of our supported clients.
- Provide complete and accurate service metrics to the C4IM Program Manager on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred or 3 years previous closely-related experience required.
- Must possess an active and valid security clearance issued by a United States Government Agency.
- IAT level 1 certificate IAW DoD 8570.01-M
- Three years of experience supporting and maintain Information Technology assets within large-enterprise Army enclave environments.
- Three years of experience utilizing an incident management system to manage a structured C4IM Service Catalog.
- Excellent communications skills, and be able to coordinate multiple work orders simultaneously. Must maintain professional interpersonal skills, demeanor, and appearance. Must be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Support and maintenance of secure VTC systems.
Vista Defense Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. Vista Defense Technologies is an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation.
- Pay Type Hourly
- O‘ahu, Hawaii, USA
- Schofield Barracks, HI 96857, USA