Vista Defense Technologies, LLC., as part of Bristol Bay Native Corporation, is primarily focused on providing information technology (IT) support services and personnel to various government customers. We help our customer's leverage technology and operate with total confidence in their technology resources' predictability, security, and reliability to meet business objectives by providing a wide array of professional services and products. Vista Defense Technologies (VDT) is looking for a qualified Database Developer for business intelligence and SQL database development support to the Business Operations Division (BOD) and the San Antonio Military Health System (SAMHS) at the Brooke Army Medical Center, located on Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, TX.
We’re seeking a Database Developer to provide day-to-day business intelligence and SQL database development • Provide customer support • Develop detailed briefings • Document actions where applicable in government System of Record (ServiceNow).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical guidance/support to Enhanced Multi-Service Market (eMSM) Offices, Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF), Business Operation Division (BOD) and Managed Care Support Contractors (MCSC) to solicit potential opportunities to increase direct care and network capability and reduce private sector health care costs.
- Develop/maintain business case analysis tools to coordinate standardization of data collection/analysis. Coordinates data requirements with DHA, MTFs, eMSMs, and MCSCs to ensure uniformity and consistency in how management information is used in investment analysis and initiative performance assessment. Works with various stakeholders to ensure business initiatives fit into the overall Services’ plans and contribute to Military Health System (MHS) goals.
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedure and library of codes for data integrity. Documents database structure including table elements, naming conventions, data dictionary definitions, field sizes and table relationships. Data Quality activities include the totality of efforts involved with the monitoring, collection, integration, synchronization, reporting and assessment of the business impact associated with poor data quality.
- Develop and present detailed briefings for stakeholders, analysts, and senior management.
- Analyze requirements and capabilities, assists users in defining needs and design products, design and schedule projects, perform complex team assignments and provide guidance and assist to analyst team members and supervisors.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve a variety of user problems, questions and situations which may require substantial effort, knowledge and skill.
- Work closely with system administrators to install, configure, and optimize database engines and tools for data analysis, data transfer, messaging and scheduled jobs.
- Run database integrity checks and analyze results to identify issues.
- Perform on-call duty on evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide guidance and support to customer support technicians on resolution of program/applications problems and/or failures, and may be required to return to the work site to resolve critical problems. Contractor shall submit overtime documentation to the first line supervisor for review, then Government will send documentation to COR for approval.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to include using stored procedures SSIS and SSRS and shall provide the most current Microsoft certification for business intelligence or SQL database development on current version of SQL.
- Program business logic with Structured Query Language (SQL); and support logical and physical database design using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to develop and run stored procedures.
- Meet the requirements for an IAT Level II position as defined in DOD 8570-01-M.
- Pay Type Salary
- San Antonio, TX, USA