Marketing Director - Meadowbrook Mall
Meadowbrook Mall seeks an aggressive individual with a strong background in marketing to direct the overall department responsibilities. Ideal candidate would have experience in advertising, public relations, event planning along with a proven track record in sales and sponsorship. In addition, the individual will also be responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing plans, promotional events, and control of marketing budgets.
- Generate and source new ways of increasing mall promotional income. Strive for and track the malls promotional income goal as issued by Corporate Marketing.
- Prepare and evaluate market research as it relates to the shopping center. This research should be utilized when developing the center's marketing plan.
- Prepare and obtain approval from Corporate Office, implement and evaluate a shopping center Marketing Plan, which will detail the marketing goals for the center, the plans for attaining those goals and a method for evaluating the achievement of those goals. Achievement should be measurable in increased profitability for the center.
- Prepare, as part of the Marketing Plan development, obtain approval for and accurately implement an annual marketing budget for the shopping center marketing program, detailing income sources, administrative, promotional, and advertising expenses.
- Maintain frequent, in person contact and communication with all merchants. Promote unity and enthusiasm among yourself, the management office, and the merchants.
- Be involved with community groups and organizations in a Public Relations capacity, with the intention of projecting the center as a community entity. Partner with local media and business in sponsorship of mall events.
- Where applicable, know and maintain the Merchants' Association By-Laws and administer all provisions of same. With Marketing Fund, the Marketing Director will be responsible for maintaining the defined procedures for operating a Marketing Fund.
- Organize and administer all Merchants' Association or Advisory Board meetings and any other meetings or committees that may be organized at the shopping center and which deal with the marketing of that center.
- Supervise control of office supplies and equipment. Monitor and track marketing payroll and insurance obligations.
- Maintain inventory and supervise care of promotional equipment, seasonal decor and promotional supply room. This inventory will include organized storage for ready reference by any staff member, manuals and procedural handbooks forwarded from corporate marketing.
- Perform as a mall office staff person, i.e., weekend duty. Work positively and cooperatively with all mall office staff members.
- Keep abreast of industry trends by reading trade magazines, newsletters and communicating with Corporate Marketing Managers, industry associates and peers.
- Participate in Corporate advertising, marketing and promotional programs as they apply and are offered at your center. This includes both embracing and enhancing concepts provided. Best efforts will be made to maximize the benefits to the center by fully utilizing and developing programs and sponsor samples.
- Maintain an open and on-going line of communication with the corporate marketing office, keeping staff members there apprised of day-to-day events and issues affecting the center.
- Strong sales skills - The ability to set meetings and present proposals to decision makers. Generate income dollars through sponsorship, media partners, and on mall advertising.
- Must be willing to travel periodically as required.
- Strong awareness of Social Media – Must be familiar with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) and be able to post and update items on an as needed basis. Web site updates also apply. Must stay current with new Social Media outlets.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research
- Ability to learn and use new systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks effectively and establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent with PC, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Social Media skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Plan
- 401K with match
- 7 Paid Holidays
It is the policy of the Company to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and job applicants. The employment practices of the Company are conducted without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, disability, sex (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification as specified under the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972), religion or age.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2399 Meadowbrook Rd, Bridgeport, WV 26330, USA