Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II; 4610-209-N
1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA Req #3345
Monday, February 6, 2023
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of Clinical Director, the Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II has responsibility for ensuring proper benefits/entitlements for Integrated Health and Wellness clients. Reduce barriers in access to care and services by maintaining the established path for clients – regardless of insurance, race, ethnicity, religion, or socioeconomic status – have access to benefits and services to meet their needs. This requires functioning as the liaison with the Social Security Administration and the New York City Human Resources Administration, in addition to any other entities that provide benefits to which IHW clients are entitled. The Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II will engage clients across a variety of programs and assess their benefit needs, as well as any additional service needs. The Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II will work to connect clients to the benefits and services for which they are eligible. The Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II will document and record all client interactions as per agency documentation protocols and prepare that information for reporting. The Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II will be required to maintain a professional and ethical disposition at all times. The Mobile Team Benefits Coordinator II ensures the approved care of all clients by implementing best practices in accordance New York State Office of Mental Health as well guidelines implemented by the Agency.
* Accompany clients to Medicaid, Social Security and Public Assistance offices and the sites of any other entities from which a client seeks to receive benefits or services.
* Document work activities in the agency records and generate reports based on those services.
* Connect clients to behavioral health services, substance use services, medical services and social service supports.
* Assist programs with completing client satisfaction surveys.
* Responsible for tracking information/ deliverables for the Cabrini grant funds.
* Provide each individual client with information regarding their benefits, and work to encourage and facilitate connection to benefits.
* Actively participate in weekly supervision, case conferences, staff and clinical meetings and staff meetings
* Meet with clients and discuss their benefit issues, as well as financial management and service needs. * Maintain accurate recordings in case files
* Utilize electronic case record databases as required
* Reporting to Behavioral Health Services Administration and/or Agency Administration issues that may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issue.
* Prepare contact notes, incident reports and other documentation as needed
* Act as resource for Clinical Manager and Administrative Office.
* Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field or an Associates with an additional 2 years experience.
* 2 years’ experience coordinating benefits; or Lived recipient experience
* Mathematical aptitude is required
* Comfortable with public speaking, lobbying and advocacy.
* Flexibility & Creativity.
* Ability to work flexible hours and days – including weekends/evenings/holidays according to needs of a 24/7 program, to work evening hours as assigned.
* Ability to walk four flights of stairs.
* Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
* We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.10
- Max Hiring Rate $29.23
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA