Mobile Crisis Team Clinician Multiple Positions Available in Queens
* Rockaway Behavioral Health Clinic – Far Rockaway, Queens, 11691
Up to $3K Sign-on Bonus
When you join the CCBQ Team, you will have an impact on the lives of many. For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness. The Brooklyn Mobile Crisis Team based out of the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics provides after-hour coverage to clients in crisis. The team is available 24/7 to respond to clients in crisis. Clients in crisis can call, receive emergency counseling, visits, assistance with the goal of preventing decompensation, hospitalizations, and the use of 911 services. All CCNS Integrated Health and Wellness clients have access to the team for 24/7 assistance.
Why you will enjoy being part of our team:
1. Competitive Salaries and Benefits
2. Educational Loan Forgiveness
3. Professional Development (CEUs)
4. High Quality Supervision
5. Opportunities for Advancement
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Mobile Crisis Clinician provides support, services and treatments necessary to provide integrated crisis response, crisis stabilization interventions and crisis prevention activities. The Mobile Crisis Clinician is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Mobile Crisis Clinician provides timely evaluation, triage and access to acute mental health, developmental disability and/or substance abuse services. Additionally, the Mobile Crisis Clinician provides treatment to ensure symptom and harm reduction and safely guides people in acute crisis to appropriate crisis stabilization and detoxification support/services. These services include immediate telephone response to assess the crisis and determine the risk, mental status, medical stability and appropriate response.
* Providing immediate telephonic response to assess crisis and determine the risk, mental status, medical stability and appropriate response; provide face-to-face response as needed.
* Make referrals for emergency or continuing care or may suggest treatment alternatives to facilitate services in the community in a safe environment.
* Developing a Crisis Plan before discharge for recipients new to the public service system and/or revise existing crisis plan components in Person Centered Plans, as appropriate.
* Monitoring or coordination of movement across levels of care, directly to the person and the family; coordinate discharge planning and community re-entry following hospitalization, residential services and other levels and to assure continuing care.
* Be familiar with TA, Inc. policies and procedures including the securing of emergency services and the regulations concerning medication administration.
* Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Must be licensed NYS LMSW or LHMC.
* Valid driver's license preferred, proof of department of motor vehicles driving history, 3 years of current driving experience with no more than one moving violation in the previous 24 months (2 years), and no driving while intoxicated convictions.
* Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in providing crisis management services in the following settings: assertive outreach, assertive community treatment, emergency department or other service providing 24/7 response in emergent or urgent situations.
* Must have two years of prior supervisory experience in the mental health field.
* Requires a combination of skills in the following areas; operational oversight and evaluation of program services and staff, personnel management, public relations, governmental relations, leadership development and team building skills.
* Bilingual Spanish/English; Russian/English; Creole/English; Chinese/English; Korean/English speaking preferred.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
* Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs from site to site.
* Able to work flexible hours and days – including weekends/evenings/holidays according to needs of a 24/7 programs.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
• Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
• Retirement Savings with Agency Match
• Transit * Flexible Spending Account
• Life insurance
• Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $84,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 1623 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA