Community Habilitation Skill Developer; 3161-540-H
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Home and Community Based Services provides community habilitation services to individuals who are diagnosed with a Developmental Disability. Community Habilitation provides skill training in activities of daily living, academics, socialization and community inclusion. The program also provides family support by assisting families in applying for Medicaid and accessing other needed services.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Assistant Program Manger/Community Habilitation Supervisor, the Community Habilitation Skill Developer is responsible to provide training, instruction and assistance to individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities in their homes and in their community, with the aim of accomplishing valued outcomes as stated in their Community Habilitation Plan.
* Responsible for the implementation of the Community Habilitation Plan to individuals in their homes and/or the community by providing instruction as it relates to their individualized valued outcomes.
* Responsible for documenting contemporaneously the individuals’ valued outcomes on the billing document derived from their Community Habilitation Plan.
* Responsible for submitting a monthly progress note related to the individuals’ response to their valued outcomes as stated in the Community Habilitation Plan.
* Responsible to ensure health, safety and welfare of consumers at all times.
* Responsible for reporting any unusual occurrences or situations to the Supervisor of the Community Habilitation Program immediately.
* Responsible to submit a parent/consumer verification form weekly to ensure staff was present at the family’s home and that services are delivered.
* Responsible to submit Bi-Weekly Timesheets, to the supervisor of the Community Habilitation to ensure staff are paid on time.
* Responsible to report to work as scheduled and to communicate any lateness’s, absences or change in work schedule in a timely manner to the Supervisor of the Community Habilitation Program.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* AA degree preferred
* At least one year of experience serving the disabled population in the community and their homes preferred.
* Knowledge of Home and Community Based Waiver, and the ability to keep up to date pertaining to such knowledge.
* Understanding of Person Centered Planning.
* Reasonable flexibility in work hours and ability to respond to the scheduling needs of the individual and or program training.
* Ability to follow directions well and exhibit good decision-making, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must be able to take initiative and have the ability to problem solve, handle emergency/crisis situations.
* Must be reliable, dependable and flexible and have the ability to evaluate the individuals’ needs.
* We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $20.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 16519 Jamaica Ave, Queens, NY 11432, USA