Prof Development Trainer; 5151-203-N
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Director of Caritas Program for Early Childhood Services the Professional Development Trainer will provide instruction to students in the Agency’s Montessori Teacher Training Program sponsored by Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens. The Professional Development Trainer will prepare training modules and assist in the development of training modules. Assist the Director in conducting training modules, track students’ work progress and maintain all related documentation for course completion including the Trainer’s final awarding of academic credits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records of all students’ credentials and levels of performance.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with training requirements and ensure that all employees are up-to-date with training required by the regulatory entities.
- Supervises student progress reports throughout the Academic and Internship phases of the two-year training program.
- Prepares and updates all course outlines as needed for evaluation and accreditation through the National College Credit Recommendation Service.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, coordinates with the Service area/Quality Assurance Specialists, i.e. Education Specialist, Disabilities/Health Specialist, Family and Community Specialist, and Management Specialists in the planning and implementation of professional development activities for staff.
- Coordination of logistics including but not limited to: scheduling, location, refreshments/food, assistive devices, and training evaluations.
- Assists the Director in the training of Early Childhood Teachers and management staff in Head Start and Child Care programs in the implementation of the Montessori Curriculum along with other Early Childhood courses i.e. Child Development, Classroom Management, Family and Community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- M.A/M.S. degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- New York State Certification N-6 (Early Childhood) or Professional Certification Birth-2nd Grade required.
- Montessori Infant/Toddler/Pre-School Certification from a recognized Montessori Training Institute required.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Minimum of three years teaching experience at the early childhood level
- Experience in training of adults preferred
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of Work Sampling, Microsoft Office, data management systems or other software selected by the Agency
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with management, staff, and parents
- Ability to follow directions and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work flexible hours and days.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within the five boroughs as needed.
- Must be able to stretch and bend in order to retrieve files.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent walking, sitting, talking or hearing.
- Occasional climbing or stooping.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 191 Joralemon St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA